Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye Fairport / Mentor Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    yobrick007 Guest

Default try mentor

Good Luck, I'll be out wednesday. The charters are in 42 ft off mentor doing good. Don't know sizes or numbers but I know that they are all pulling harnesses. We only caught 2 on sun. My report was correct until previous sat. the charters were out in 65 or so but came back to fish on mentor. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Default tried Mentor

Went out for a couple hours on Friday evening in front of Mentor Lagoons. Brought in 6 walleye from 17 to 25 inches.

39 to 44 fow, dipsey 3 settings 95 ft back. Hit on 3 different color stingers. Bright flourecent to dark color, copper or silver back, it didn't matter.

Went Saturday night at same time with the same set up. 2 white bass and 5 sheephead. Not a walleye to be had. I think we were dragging a couple white bass on the lines for a while, not knowing.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out Saturday late morning to early afternoon. Lots of boats trolling in the Mentor Lagoons 40' area. Everyone seemed to be pulling fish, especially on worm harnesses off 40 jets. Didn't have crawlers, but did OK with spoons - orange seemed to be the hot color.

yobrick007 Guest

Default mentor

NICE!! I'm happy for you. I'm surprised those fish are still there. I haven't talked to my buddy yet but im certain that those fish will be moving north with the heat and flat lake. I'm outta town till sun but I'll see if I can't get ya some gps numbers by then

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastlake Walleye

Went out of Chagrin late yesterday evening, didn't want to spend time traveling to Mentor since we got such a late start. Set up in about 51ft straight out of Eastlake. Tons of nice marks from top to bottom. Only one Walleye, but worth the trip. My buddy pulled in a nice 31 1/4 incher, 10+ pounder.

Dipsey 3 setting 110 ft back. Old perch colored stinger.

Post Thanks / Like

We tried 70'+ the previous day with no luck. I am also surprised the fish are still that shallow this late, but we we did have that cool spell last week. Haven't been out this week yet, but planning to go deep again when I do.

Post Thanks / Like

We're going out for sunrise Saturday morning, Mentor/ Fairport area. Plan on going deeper as well.

If you're out and want to share info then or any other time, were on 68"Blind Squirrel"

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to post to this back in July but was locked out as my password didn't seem to work, snafu'd by the case-sensitive provision. I requested a password reset but it didn't happen. I did get in late July but timed out before I could post and couldn't get back in. The walleye fishing this year was smokin' off the beach in front of the lagoons. Pre-July 4th I was targeting 36-38 feet and pulling maybe 15 fish an evening for about 4 hours of fishing. The largest was 31.5" but most in the 23"-26" range. Moved into 44-48 FOW after the 4th and still managed a couple of decent catches. The fished thinned out in there around the 10th and had to make the run to 70'-76' FOW after that. Only made a couple more trips after that, getting about 10 fish an afternoon/evening but nice size. It was a wonderful season in terms of gas expense and hopefully the fish will be there again next season. There usually are fish in there every year during the last week of June/ first week of July unless a bad blow occurs and moves around the warm water. 30 & 40 Jets off of big boards seemed to do the best with small spoons. The only problem was all of the junk fish in there, white bass & sheephead. I didn't try to run meat as it is a magnet to the white bass and you end up dragging many small fish around. It was hard enough to keep lines in the water just running spoons.