Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: shorefishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Shorefishing at 72nd street

Hey Manny,
    I too am new to this forum. You're the second fisherman that has mentioned the walleye fishing at 72nd. The first was a salesman from a boat dealer at the boat show. I'd really appreciate more specific info on this- such as approx depth, time of year, technique (dipsy, jig) lures. I grew up in this area and until now never heard of fishing for Wally in this area.

Also, I'm going out Sunday 4-20-08 in the western basin and plan on posting the results on Monday. Hope the weather holds and Wally is hungry!

Mr. Manny Guest

Default Hey Tag

Hey Tag. Well last year around late April/May I got hip to the 'night bite' on walleye down on 72nd. I too never knew that this was a option or I would been going down there alot earlier. But anyway, the the hot baits were shallow diving jerk baits, Rapala X-raps, Husky Jerks, Shallow Reef Runners. If im not mistaking the depth was about 3 to 6 feet ( I think). But i do know for sure that i caught my wallys on a Tennesse Chad #12 rapala husky jerk, and a #12 Hot Steel x-rap by rapala. This year i "beefed up" my arsenal with some more colors in the Husky Jerk and X-Rap Rapala's and diffrent brands like Reef Runners, and Ranowski. I hope all the money i spent was worth it, these lures run anywere from 5 to 7 bucks a peice. I also use 8lb Fire Line smoke braid with a 2ft, floro leader, (just my preference). Well good luck.