Went out of Sheffield on Friday, Sept. 4. Very calm day, and fished the shipwreck over by Avon Point.

We went perchin', and about 2 dozen other boats in the area were also doin' perch.

Of all the reports of "limits" I see here, it must be those guys who keep 6" perch to fill the cooler. We kept 42 perch (three of us), none less that 7" , the bulk of them about 8", and a few in the 9"-9 1/2" size. For every KEPT fish, we tossed two dinks. It's still a little early for the LARGER perch, I think, but in the next few weeks the perch sizes will be better.

I just wanted to post the REAL fish sizes, 'cause a "limit" of dinks is not my idea of good perch fishing.

One thing of note: of the 8 dozen "minnows" we got near Miller Rd. (I don't recall the bait shop name), about 1/3 of them were not shiners; they were chubs. Perch still would hit them, but not like shiners. Also, the bite is very soft on ALL the perch we caught. All were on the bottom; you had to coax them on with a lift just off the bottom. We used crappie rigs, and you could do the same with spreaders. Drop to the bottom, wait a few seconds, and lift slowly....you'll feel weight and/or, they'll tap it.

Also; to the a$#hole who has the 19' Bayliner and loves to cut through a pack of perch fishing (anchored) boats and then has the balls to troll back thru, THANKS from all of us. You are what Parma is famous for!