Quote Originally Posted by Toptrophy View Post
Ok, I've been watching this thread and can't hold my tongue any longer.

Fact #1. Yes your going to find small,Young walleye in close / shallow water this time of year. Just look to the west, Around the Islands area. What do you find there??? Yep, small young fish. Sure now and again you'll find a larger fish that was to lazy to move east with his buddies looking for larger school's of bait.

Fact #2. To find the large size fish (22-30in) You need to go deep and east. As we all have read this year has been "tuff" fishing. Less boats on the water cooler weather than we've been seeing in the past. But as they always do the big fish seek out that cooler water with less light and lots of bait. There is where you will find those fish. Someday they'll bite fast and others they'll just not bite for any reason.

Pick the good days and go deep, US Border deep. On the other days stay in close and pick threw the garbage fish,and pee wee's.

BTW,
The figures show the 30-45% of the Comm. charters are not going to make it threw this $$$ down turn. So this is what you'll not get a good report from this close click of guys. Pay for there service and you'll find fish. But I would bet a cold case of beer your going to be running deep to find those Aug. hogs.
will they be on bottom or will they be suspened i have been getting them about a foot off bottom in close