Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes Chagrin walleyes
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CAT22 Guest

Flipper,
    60ft is several miles out, never looked at the gps to know exaclty. There are fish shallow, just not large schools that i have seen. Normally this time of year we are killing them in 25-30 ft which is not that far at all. I'd start there and troll your way out until you contact a few. Caught a few in 38ft last week. I like to go out of the chagrin and head west to the square, flat roofed "alamo" looking house and troll back toward cei on a west wind. Good luck. You may make it out to 60ft if the weather report holds true.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Thanks for the info. I went out last night on the 24th, went NE out of E 185th. Everyone coming in said they could not find them and were 60-72 feet out. I stopped at 44 fow and started trolling NE, HUGE school at 46.7 to 47.8 off Euclid Hsp. I was running 4 oz weights 110 and 85 ft back, also running jet 40's at 100 and 90 ft back. Fish were in about the 37 to 40 fow range. No fish but the marks were incredible, Never seen them stacked up like that before. I think my problem is I was trolling to fast. I can not seem to slow my boat down enough with out a a plate on the motor or something. My speed ended up on GPS to be 2.6 so I think I need to get it to 1.5 to 1.8. I got a trolling motor front mount but can be hard to opperate while trying to run 4 lines with another person in the boat. Hopefully I will get them this weekend. Off the water at 10 PM, lines were only in the water from 8:30 PM till 9:45. Pretty slow was the word at the doscks but everyone else was really deep.

CAT22 Guest

Flipper,
    i troll with my bow mount always. Saves me gas and the noise of the motor. With a lite boat, this can be done. If you set your trolling motor straight, find your speed and troll with the wind. You can steer with the big motor to make "s" turns. Either that or tie a couple buckets to the cleats on the back ot the boat with some rope. Poor mans drift sock works well. Heading out early tomorrow in that general area. Thanks for the report.