Geneva 7/7 Geneva 7/7 Geneva 7/7 Geneva 7/7

Thread: Geneva 7/7

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva 7/7

Ran out of the marina to 70FOW. Set up big boards and started trolling NW. Started hitting them right away with flicker minnows, bandits and husky jerks in fire tiger, perch color and clown. Got a few more on purple and copper. Running 3 ounce snaps 200 back and dipseys at 0 setting 115 back with 3.75 inch spoons with any kind of green color on them. Should have had a 3 man limit by 10:00 but lost at least 12 when we started reeling them in. I think they were short hitting them and barely hooked on the back hook. Mostly big eyes with a handful under 20 inches. Also one bonus big 27 inch steelhead. Threw another small one back to grow up. Good day on the lake. Hardly anyone out on the lake in Geneva. Only 2 rows of parking spots filled when we got there at 7am.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Geneva 7/7

Budman...you da man! Great job and great report. I am pumped to get out there at the end of this week. Weather is looking beautiful. And it'll be a pleasure not having to deal with all the bugs like we did out west in the spring. I'll head NW out if Ashtabula again and basically that put me north of Geneva. I've got a bunch of 3 ounce snaps and will likely flatline a couple 5 ounces to see where they run in comparison to the 3's. All the charts and a bit of my experience shows maybe 8-10 feet deeper per ounce depending on speed. Will mix it up and see. Thanks man!

Post Thanks / Like

DW you’re right in the ballpark. According to my Precision Trolling app it’s 10-12 feet per ounce depending on speed. As far as Ashtabula goes, my buddy went out on the 4th and 5th. Headed to 01 line and 50 west. Crushed them in 2hrs with dipseys and spoons in 2hrs. 3 man limit. Went to the same spot on the 5th and they were gone! So the schools are moving. He had to head East of the harbor to find them the second day. Not as many big fish the second day either. He still limited out but took a few more hours. In Geneva we were hitting a school and then spotty marks. Other boats on the radio were saying the same thing. Guys be ready to make moves if you’re not catching or marking fish.

Post Thanks / Like

More great stuff here, thank you. Last year we talked and on a couple trips it was 3 oz at 150 to 200 back overall. I'll run that on the boards and run deeper lines straight off the corners with 5 oz this time. Of course idk how deep they are going to be yet but I'm pretty sure I was fishing way over a bunch of them that were stacked at 65-67 last year. Should be able to reach them now with 5 oz. I think the ones I was catching in August and September last year were sitting 45-60 down in 72-76 FOW. 2.0-2.5 on graph.