Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geneva 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Geneva 6/16

Got out about 7:30am North to 45FOW. Marked a lot of fish. Started a west northwest troll to 55FOW halfway to cooling towers. Turned and headed East back past the marina. Only had 4 keepers and 20-25 shorts. Some white bass and one sheep. Tried every color of cranks, spoons , wormburners and a few harnesses. Didn’t matter. Couldn’t get through the shorts. Thought about taking a run out deep to try for big ones but wind started coming out of the northeast with white caps so we just called it a day around 1:30. My buddies have been catching limits out of Ashtabula with the shorts in the same depth with spoons off dipseys. Seems like that’s the place to go right now in close. A lot of boats were east of the marina. First trip of the year. Blazing heat this week should push them out deeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Geneva 6/16

Thank you for the great report. The water temps were easily a month ahead out west this spring. I assume like you, and like what I saw last year....the bigger fish on average will be in a little.deeper water than the shorts? I was able to catch a lot bigger fish on average in like 70 -75 FOW than I. 50-60. Regardless, a great time and I look forward to getting out there again soon. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Kids and a buddy of mine fished out of Geneva on Saturday 6/29 after all the rain and storms. Only fished for about an hour before the chop picked up and was getting sketchy for his 21 footer. Ran straight out of the state park launch and targeted 40-50'. We were casting worm harnesses and got 6 keepers with about 12 shorties. Sunday was a small craft advisory, so no go then.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news Nick. Thank you and happy 4th Gentlemen!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Geneva 40-50. Purple worm burners were the thing at 2-2.5 mph. Hot humid and lots of shorts. 11 keepers from 630-10 with the kids

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work and thank you! If theweather holds, I'll fish Ashtabula a week from tomorrow for 2 or 2 1/2 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Took the kids out again from 8 to 11. Probably caught 30. Tons of shorts. 10 keepers. Wormburners on purple seem to be the best 2.5 mph 50 feet to 60 feet was a better grade. Tons of boats fishing in 30 - 40 foot, lots of fish, just short
    Last edited by nickpaolini81; 07-05-2024 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Geneva has been on fire for us. Caught a 3 man limit on Thursday. Spent most of the time in 43 fow and sorted thru a ton of small fish. Biggest one was 25.5". Went again on Friday right back to 43 fow and had 18 fish in 2 hours. Needed 6 more fish so we moved out to 50 fow and the grade of fish was much nicer. Pulled our 4th ticket quickly and was back to the dock by 10:30 am. We are still drifting and casting Erie Dearies and single blade/hook spinners. So much fun using a spinning reel to catch these fish. It probably won't last much longer and we'll head out to deeper water where we'll be forced to switch to trolling. It will still be fun, but obviously a different program than drifting and casting. Tight lines fellas and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and nice work. The casting sure is a lot of fun. Especially with these big healthy fish. Looking like I will hit Ashtabula this Friday and Saturday. Will have 4 guys and two boats. Second boat is a rookie so we'll see.

I'll post my experiences and appreciate you all who do.

Love reading about good outdoorsman and good fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Went out of Ashtabula Sunday got there around 5:30 pm shot out to 73 fow trolled west caught 6 keepers on the first pass with all the fish being over 20” turned around and went back through the school and picked up 3 more. Bloody nose worm harness was a killer yesterday couldn’t keep the pole in the water. Dipseys #3 setting 160 back #0 setting 120 back was a hot combination. It slowed down a little but we picked them off one by one to get our 18 and was done by 8:45pm. Good luck and tight lines