Walleye smack down! Part II Walleye smack down! Part II Walleye smack down! Part II Walleye smack down! Part II
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Walleye smack down! Part II

Quote Originally Posted by ERIE BASSING View Post
    I congratulate you on your ability to locate and catch so many walleye using worm harnesses. I tried last month using harnesses over by Kellys island but lacked the ability to get my harnesses to the depths I wanted. I was using 2 oz snap weights in front of the harnesses but was not sure on how much line to let out. I do have the Troll Master app on my phone. Can you give me any advice ?
    HERE is a very easy way to get your harnesses at about 5' or where you want above bottom. I was using 2 and 3 oz weights about 20' in front of harness. I use Cabelas clip on weight holders, I drop the harness to bottom and click bail then wait about 1 minute. The harness will rise in the water column, then drop it back down and pay attention to how long it takes to get to bottom, 1 thousand 1, etc.. this will tell you about how far you are off bottom. If 10 count you are about 10' off bottom, wait a minute and drop a 3rd time and click bail, should be 5 ft off bottom. Of course speed, current and blade size changes things a little but your count will tell you this. That is it. (keep in mind a 2 or 3 oz weight falls very fast in the water so count appropriately}
    Last edited by whitecapper; 07-07-2022 at 06:49 AM.