Quote Originally Posted by bobj View Post
Nice going! I was out there this morning and we fished just west of Rocky River east to near E. 9th. We covered water from 25ft deep to 45ft along with about 24 boats in the RR area and 30 boats over east, with more boats scattered in between, on the reefs, and all the regular spots. nothing, the only thing we saw anyone pull out of the water were planer boards.
Sucks that you didnt get any, The fish we caught that day were up high, I mean 3 to 10 ft below the surface. In the bright sun with light wind, kind of crazy. The week before we caught everything deep. I like to start with a shallow on boards, a mid depth with weights and a deep diver with or w/out weight. Then go from there and adjust. Same with colors, different patterns until I can zero in there preferences. You HAVE to experiment and change up until you figure it out. Some days it doesnt matter, just depends. As the water warms and the fish move east they will start moving deeper too. I will start fishing harnesses in a couple/ few weeks as the water warms. Good luck!