Walleye Heaven Walleye Heaven Walleye Heaven Walleye Heaven
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Walleye Heaven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Scotty and I launched at Geneva State Park just after 8:00 AM this morning intending to go to the 42:02 N after getting good reports from friends who killed them there the day before. As we hit the 41:57N there were several boats working that area so I slowed down to check for activity on the fishfinder and there they were stacked from 55' to the bottom. To make a long story short, trolling NE at 2.3 mph using Nazcar and Sir Walleye Stinger spoons off Dipsys on a "2" setting back 111' and 176' we limited out before 10:00 AM. We were just over the 41:59 N line almost 3 miles short of our original target area. FYI: I never saw a screen without echos, usually 2 or 3., but stangely no bait pods. The only fish caught today were legal walleye 18 to 24 inches. Never saw a splash of white water or wind over 10K. We need more days like today. Stay safe...
    Do you mind sharing what size Dipsys you were using? I typically run 4 rods. Two in the middle - one with a Jet 20 @ 150 out, one with a Jet 40 @ 100 out. One rod with a Dipsy 0 with the O ring @ 100 to 150 out (3 setting to Starboard). One rod with a Kastaway Magnetic Diver @ 100 to 150 out (3 setting to Port). Really curious if you are running the larger (#1) Dipsy.

Post Thanks / Like

The answer about the #1 Dipsy is yes but without the 0 ring. All are set at a "2" setting. Green metallic on the starboard side and metallic Purple and occasionally Red on port. There are usually only 2 of us so the longer baits are out 176' and the shorter at 111' to 150'. If there are 3 of us I run a 6# downrigger ball with lightweight spinning tackle with Siamono Side Stab reels filled with 12# Trilene XT, 14# for steelhead.