We have been consistently getting walleye (for the past 3 weeks) running tadpoles (#3) with 5 foot leader and chartreuse willow harnesses. I am running them out 105 - 120 ft out (use 10lb XT). I am regularly changing speeds between 1.7mph and 2.5 mph. 50% of strikes are taking place within 30 seconds or so after speed changes in either direction.

Basically have been running the west side of the sand bar trolling a big square (1 mile each direction). Staying west of the pack of boats. When that has slowed down, I head about 5 miles south and troll in front of Copper Kettle using the same tactics. I have been concentrating on 48 foot of water and had good success. Not great sizes, but no junk and few throw backs.

We also had good success on July 4th about a mile north of St. Anthony's - Trolling east. Running tadpoles (3#) about 70ft out and running about 2.2 mph. Any harness with a worm on it was working here.

Everything we have caught has been using planer boards at least 30 ft out. Walleye seem spooked running identical rigs behind the boat.

We have had to check our crawlers regularly. Bites have been light and short. Dragged a couple of 18 inchers for a while without noticing. Had bait stolen and dragged the harnesses for a while without noticing. If we aren't getting fish on a pole within 10-15 minutes, we are checking bait.

Hope this helps someone.