Hello all,

I moved to NW Ohio about a year and a half ago from the Houston area. Since my last 25 years of fishing were on Galveston Bay and close offshore in saltwater, I have been following this forum to learn about walleye and perch fishing in the Western basin of Lake Erie.

Over the last two seasons, I have almost gotten it figured out, and have been moderately successful, especially this past fall. I now have trolling bags, inline planer boards, reels with line counters, and am building my assortment of lures, so I am really looking forward to my next outings. (My most recent outing was Dec 12th, and caught 1/2 limits for 2 of us.)

I run a 20' Century center console with a 150 HP Yamaha and keep the boat on a trailer in Port Clinton. I usually launch from the Catawba Island State Park ramp, but am scouting other ramps in the area as the fish move with the seasonal changes. I am (mostly) retired, and fish during the week, so looking forward to meeting some of the regulars here on the water.

Thanks to those who post regularly for your hints and suggestions - I have learned enough to catch fish periodically and now suffer from a major case of "walleye-itis", so come on Spring, or at least a few clam days with temps in the 40's!