Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle Bert's Custom Tackle
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bert's Custom Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by fishreed View Post
    Why would anybody use a liquid thread locker such as Loctite when a stainless nylock nut is available?
    Well professor, the reason that I used a thread locker instead of lock nuts would be the fact that the screws fasten directly into the threaded holes in the base of the upright riser tube the holder sets in. They go through the base plate from the bottom into counter sunk predrilled holes then are threaded into the predrilled threaded holes in the riser tube. Open the link that accompanied the old 2015 post you brought up again and take a look at the riser in question. There is no way to use the lock nuts you recommended. Class dismissed!!!!!

One question does come to mind and that is are you here to help or to nitpick?
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Well professor, the reason that I used a thread locker instead of lock nuts would be the fact that the screws fasten directly into the threaded holes in the base of the upright riser tube the holder sets in. They go through the base plate from the bottom into counter sunk predrilled holes then are threaded into the predrilled threaded holes in the riser tube. Open the link that accompanied the old 2015 post you brought up again and take a look at the riser in question. There is no way to use the lock nuts you recommended. Class dismissed!!!!!

One question does come to mind and that is are you here to help or to nitpick?
    I know exactly what you used. I'm here to educate you of what will not work. Expanding Nut certs like you used will not work in that application no matter how much thread locker you use because you need spread out the load with a backing plate with a minimum of 1/4 aluminum plate or maybe a rail mount system made by Cisco or Traxtech. I suggest you don't go into the mechanical engineering discipline. Guys like you are why warning labels are put on lawn mowers not to put your hands and feet near spinning blades. You can pick up a repeat class next semester when I'm available in your area.

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you used. I'm here to educate you of what will not work. Expanding Nut certs like you used will not work in that application no matter how much thread locker you use because you need spread out the load with a backing plate with a minimum of 1/4 aluminum plate or maybe a rail mount system made by Cisco or Traxtech. I suggest you don't go into the mechanical engineering discipline. Guys like you are why warning labels are put on lawn mowers not to put your hands and feet near spinning blades. You can pick up a repeat class next semester when I'm available in your area.
    What an arrogant prick! You’ve made a total of 5 posts and most of those were arrogant or condescending! Guys like you are probably why I see so many bridge collapses. I’ve dealt with my share of arrogant engineers who never admit to their mistakes.

I will stand by Wakina! He’s had hundreds of helpful posts and has been a member of this site for over a decade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    What an arrogant prick! You’ve made a total of 5 posts and most of those were arrogant or condescending! Guys like you are probably why I see so many bridge collapses. I’ve dealt with my share of arrogant engineers who never admit to their mistakes.

I will stand by Wakina! He’s had hundreds of helpful posts and has been a member of this site for over a decade!
    I just found this site and it doesn't make any difference how many posts I have made to state what won't work here in this application. Like I said, pour a gallon of Loctite on those nut certs and 1/4 20 screws and unless you spread out the load, the hard stainless bolt will fracture OR the expanded nut certs will pull out of the bases. END OF STORY. For your limited brain, Loctite only stops the nut from backing out Never ADDING ANY STRENGTH to bolt or screw. Did I hurt your feelings because I told you you were wrong? Get over it. Yes and I'm a prick because I dared set you straight on things out of your hourly pay-grade? I have seen guys like you get fired because they didn't heed my advice. Guys like you were beating on the door of Noah's Ark because they said he couldn't build a boat too! People like Wakina need to get their information from other sources rather than the men's bathroom wall at the expressway truck stop.
    Last edited by fishreed; 10-03-2021 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: fishreed
    Some of you have given him more respect than he deserves by insinuating that he is a fellow sportsman. As of 8:51 am today 10/03/2021 he has made a total 8 postings, 7 of which have been on this 6.5+ year old topic, which was originally started on 03/18/2015. None of the postings he has made have applied to the original subject matter of this thread topic nor have any of the postings he has made applied to any fishing related subjects.
    His reading comprehension must be some where between Zero(0) and minus five(-5) as the last sentence in the first paragraph of the original post clearly states the holder base plate then engages the track! Now tell me how would you use a stainless nylock nut on a 10-24 machine screw that treads into the upright rod holder riser tube that are pre drilled and tapped that attaches the riser tube to the base plate? The boat in question already had dealer/factory installed rails for the rod holder assembly and the problem never was about the rail system but about the rod holder riser assembly.

The subjects he prefers to address in his postings are character assassination and look at me I am a legend in my own mind.

Just remember that Anyone can put a sign in their yard stating they are an expert on any subject, it still doesn't make it it true, it just makes it a sign. In this case fishreed has put a cyber sign in OUR yard claiming that he is an expert in metallurgical engineering. He is an insult to our intelligence! He is full of road apples and he knows it, but he is to small to admit it.

Eyezcrazy summed it up about as good as it could be. Quote "What an arrogant prick!"

He seems to be offended that someone would call him an arrogant PRICK. Why would anyone call Professor fishreed an arrogant prick?

Well it's because you are an arrogant prick!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    RE: fishreed
    Some of you have given him more respect than he deserves by insinuating that he is a fellow sportsman. As of 8:51 am today 10/03/2021 he has made a total 8 postings, 7 of which have been on this 6.5+ year old topic, which was originally started on 03/18/2015. None of the postings he has made have applied to the original subject matter of this thread topic nor have any of the postings he has made applied to any fishing related subjects.
    His reading comprehension must be some where between Zero(0) and minus five(-5) as the last sentence in the first paragraph of the original post clearly states the holder base plate then engages the track! Now tell me how would you use a stainless nylock nut on a 10-24 machine screw that treads into the upright rod holder riser tube that are pre drilled and tapped that attaches the riser tube to the base plate? The boat in question already had dealer/factory installed rails for the rod holder assembly and the problem never was about the rail system but about the rod holder riser assembly.

The subjects he prefers to address in his postings are character assassination and look at me I am a legend in my own mind.

Just remember that Anyone can put a sign in their yard stating they are an expert on any subject, it still doesn't make it it true, it just makes it a sign. In this case fishreed has put a cyber sign in OUR yard claiming that he is an expert in metallurgical engineering. He is an insult to our intelligence! He is full of road apples and he knows it, but he is to small to admit it.

Eyezcrazy summed it up about as good as it could be. Quote "What an arrogant prick!"

He seems to be offended that someone would call him an arrogant PRICK. Why would anyone call Professor fishreed an arrogant prick?

Well it's because you are an arrogant prick!
    You need to STFU Son, as you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt to the fine folks riding the "short bus" you are an IGNORANT LOSER! See my other posts for a more detailed description and quit hitting on the toothless stinky truck stop waitress. You bore me.

Post Thanks / Like

You need to STFU Son, as you have proven beyond a reasonable doubt to the fine folks riding the "short bus" you are an IGNORANT LOSER! See my other posts for a more detailed description and quit hitting on the toothless stinky truck stop waitress. You bore me.
    If I bore you why keep answering back?

Not a chance that I would be hitting on the toothless stinky truck stop waitresses .

How do you know those waitresses are toothless and stinky? Oh I get it, You already hit on them and they turned you down must have gotten an earful of your BS and turn them off, they said adios Professor fishreed didn't they. No wonder you are on this site seeking attention favorable or not!

You told me that I need to STFU! That is never going to happen. I have been retired for over 10 years(10 years is a decade so you know). I have a lot of idle time on my hands and now that you have came to this site raising hell about something you know nothing about I am going to make it my business to make your life miserable on Walleye dot com. .
    You want us to believe that you are smart but you have failed to grasp the problem the original post brought up.

The holder in question was mounted on a Berts Custom Tackle track System. When the riser was removed from the track it was apparent the 2 of the 3 screws that hold the riser(hollow aluminum tube) to the base plate that would go into the track had fractured. I simply replaced all 3, 10-24 machine screws that were used to mate the holder base plate to the riser tube. I added a drop of thread locker to each screw to eliminate the screw from working loose again. The riser tube is drilled and tapped on the bottom for 10-24 screws and the three screws fasten the riser tube to the base plate from the bottom of the base plate into the riser. that assembly is then mounted back into the track system on the gunwale. If that eludes you then you should go back to the school that you earned(?) your degree from and request a refund!
    Last edited by wakina; 10-03-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS