Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

any one around the reefs.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

The perch are near the reefs as the males are milking. Caught a few nice male yellow perch over the weekend and all were milking but nice size. Crappies in the harbor would be a good option during the afternoon as I saw several guys doing well around the docks.White perch just north of the reefs in the clean water were biting well also that want to keep them as as very nice size. This is all a plus with the decent bite of walleye when its not blowing 4-6 ft waves during the weekends.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the report Captain! My son is obsessed with crappie’s & bluegills and is begging me to take him this weekend so I wonder if you could elaborate on "crappies in the harbor"; do you mean East Harbor? You said people were catching crappies in the docks; was that the docks in Fenwick or at east harbor? Also, can you give me an idea of the water clarity at east harbor after the high winds of the last 4 days. Thank you captain and keep them reports coming it is a huge help to many of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish

Crappies were biting in the harbors of Wild Wings and Fenwick. Minnows are the normal setup. Water clearity is normal for those places. I dont know about east or west harbor. Water clearity on the lake is muddy for for the first few miles then it gets pretty good in the deeper water. The deeper water is holding alot of fish but the walleye are holding closer to the reefs in the deeper water like they should be. The walleye are moving away from the shallows as they are lying tight to the bottom. The perch bite should be good this month as they spawn also. Anyways the crappie in the marinas , this should be any marina in the west end as they are in there.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappies

I am from Wisconsin and I was wondering if there is a limit on Crappies?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a limit of 30 and most lakes have a 9 inch limit also
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD

Post Thanks / Like

I guess Lake Erie and its tributaries are not under the thirty and nine rule. So there is no limit. There are 44 inland lakes that have that limit sorry
    Imperial 24' walk-around
    17' Mirrocraft
    Lowrance Global Map 7600 HD