Looking for perch??? Looking for perch??? Looking for perch??? Looking for perch???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for perch???

Looking to take my dad, younger brother, and 3 year old son out tomorrow. We normally go out of Meinke's to the intake or the gravel pit. Any success there?? Went out of Catawba State Park towards Kelly's (first trip from there ) without much success. Willing to try that again. I just really want to put my son on to some good Perch fishing, the occasional walleye wouldn't be bad either. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

hookup Guest

caught some good perch just south of the west sister lighthouse. used half minnows on a crappie rig. Add a hook on the bottom of the rig seems to catch most of the fish. for walleye for casting try northwest of west sister, did catch one in 19 ft of water in front of crane creek but it has been greener then green up close. hope it helps and good luck [B]need some wind to catch fish [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

call me and i will give you some numbers. short ride from muzuirk. thanks for taking the kids fishing.. 614.327.7144. thanks Capt Jim. jandjfishingcharters.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well due to some chain of events we were unable to go to the lake as originally planned. My brother, future sister-in-law, son, and I went to a Wood County Parks District pond instead and had a great time fishing. Caught eight nice bluegill. Looking to go out to the lake tomorrow. Any new perch hotspots?

Post Thanks / Like

Last Saturday my son and I caught our perch limit in about 2 hours about 1/2 mile off the SE corner of Kelly's Island in 30 ft of water using the usual spreader with shiners. There was a pack of boats in there and it looked like all of them were catching perch. It's not far from Catawba State Park ramp or Mazurik's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bunch of white perch

Well after a very, very slow Friday morning south and east of Kelly's (only two yellow perch), we took a cruise around the northern portion of Kelly's. We saw about a dozen boats set up on the NW side in a bay area ( sorry I am not very familiar with Kelly's). There were a bunch of seagulls, and I have always been told that where the seagulls are the perch will be. We set up and were instantly on fish, many doubles. 80 percent of the bites were white perch, but they are fun to catch and still taste pretty good. We caught a few yellow perch too. The kids had a lot of fun. We had to cut the trip short due to the kids getting tired.

eez Guest

Default Outer Light

Two of us picked up 60 perch north of the "Outer Light" today in about three hours.