Port Clinton Head Boats Port Clinton Head Boats Port Clinton Head Boats Port Clinton Head Boats
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Port Clinton Head Boats

Good afternoon... I have a three day men's conference outside Cleveland. I will be driving from Indiana and have the option to tow a boat over that way and drag it around for three days while at the conference or leave the boat home and try out one of the head boat services in Port Clinton after the conference is over and I'm headed home. I have thought about this type of head boat fishing in a while but have no experience. So, I'm curious if anyone has any tips or pearls to share. I called one of the services and they said they are still jigging but worms are beginning to work. Any tips on what to bring or take and your opinion as to whether morning or evening is a better bite currently. I would be going next Wednesday or Thursday and was also thinking about seeing about sharing a ride out to fish with splitting the expenses with someone going out or just bringing the boat along and put up with that minor inconvenience. I appreciate your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Port Clinton Head Boats

I would strongly suggest the guys at Fisherman's Wharf in Port Clinton. I have my own boat but we've had great times with them with larger groups over the years in May and June.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Port Clinton Head Boats

Fishermans's Wharf, Drawbridge Marina, Tibbles, they are all good. You might have another option. Some marinas have overnight dockage or visitor dockage. Right now most marinas are over half empty, as many people don't put their boats in until later in May. Many marinas also have inside storage, and some of that space is now available, as well as outside storage area. I'd call a few marinas in Port Clinton and West Harbor and ask about leaving your boat there for a few days while you are in Cleveland. You could leave it on the trailer. If they allow this, the daily fee would probably be worth it for not having to haul it to Cleveland. There also might be a marina right there in the Cleveland area that would do the same thing. There you could check it every day. That's what I'd look into. You could probably get a ride with someone (I'd take you out) but you are going on weekdays so the number of people available is a lot less, including me.

Let us know what you find out.

As for the fishing, it's going to continue to get better. Drift fishing (worm harnesses) has already started. It will mostly depend on the weather. Walleye are almost everywhere in the Western Basin now, and those numbers won't diminish a lot through May and into June.
    Last edited by West Basin; 05-03-2024 at 08:00 PM.