Tom,

That sounds like a fun fishing trip. I am just a novice and wasn't able to make it up to Erie this year. Two years ago, in early May, I tagged along on a charter with a couple of buddies. They needed a 4th. We launched out of WWs and went to some reef that was only 5 or 6 feet deep. We met the guide at 530 PM. He told us as soon as it got pitch dark the Walleye move in to feed. He was right, when it was pitch dark the bite was on. We just anchored and casted Bandits and caught nothing under 22" biggest were 26". Unfortunately after an hour or less, the wind direction switched out of the East and we were unable to hold our position with the anchor. We caught a dozen before the wind switched and kept trying to fish that spot but couldn't keep from drifting. If I knew how to post pics I'd post them, BUT haven't figured that out yet. Lol

Sorry for the long novel but when I read you were just gonna stay on the boat overnight I felt compelled to share my experience. Don't use any headlamps or outside boat lights. When I hooked my 1st one I flip on my head lamp and the captain says, turn that off its finally dark. Haha. BEST OF LUCK, let us know how you do.