This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat! This Old Boat!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: This Old Boat!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

While we are discussing insurance, a passing car avoided two deer on I80/90, hitting my truck and Lund boat as I was headed to Port Clinton this past Spring. Both total loss, truck covered no problem, no one hurt, but Lund Boat another story. Rather than discuss long details, make sure your boat is covered for “actual retail replacement value”, cost $20-$30 additional. I had “actual cash value” lost a lot of money thinking I was insured for “like” replacement boat.
    Just a small tweak on insurance coverage will save you a bunch. My new Lund boat is insured for full retail Replacement value if same scenario happens. It’s replaced by $$ agreed by insurance company and myself. PLUS all rods reels, electronics,Ulterra, whole shoot’n match. (Ie: previous Insurance company insured boat and motor only, no 9.9 kicker, or trolling motor or fish finder.) are now fully insured. Cost was very low.
    Lastly, read the fine print, I spent over 1 hour discussing my Erie Lund with agent, coming up with every scenario I could think of, being shown in small print, I’m sufficiently covered. Insurance companies today on “claims“, you are handed over to estimator, many times have no clue on boats, or equipment. Do not know the difference between a Shimano line counter reel or a Zebco reel. Check your insurance policy this winter. Do not repeat my mistake.
    My apology for getting off subject....Herk
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Herkimer View Post
    While we are discussing insurance, a passing car avoided two deer on I80/90, hitting my truck and Lund boat as I was headed to Port Clinton this past Spring. Both total loss, truck covered no problem, no one hurt, but Lund Boat another story. Rather than discuss long details, make sure your boat is covered for “actual retail replacement value”, cost $20-$30 additional. I had “actual cash value” lost a lot of money thinking I was insured for “like” replacement boat.
    Just a small tweak on insurance coverage will save you a bunch. My new Lund boat is insured for full retail Replacement value if same scenario happens. It’s replaced by $$ agreed by insurance company and myself. PLUS all rods reels, electronics,Ulterra, whole shoot’n match. (Ie: previous Insurance company insured boat and motor only, no 9.9 kicker, or trolling motor or fish finder.) are now fully insured. Cost was very low.
    Lastly, read the fine print, I spent over 1 hour discussing my Erie Lund with agent, coming up with every scenario I could think of, being shown in small print, I’m sufficiently covered. Insurance companies today on “claims“, you are handed over to estimator, many times have no clue on boats, or equipment. Do not know the difference between a Shimano line counter reel or a Zebco reel. Check your insurance policy this winter. Do not repeat my mistake.
    My apology for getting off subject....Herk
    No apologies needed that is exactly why I have always appreciated this site not just for the fishing facts but the incite from different fisherman and women who share there experience. I am currently thinking of the need to check another insurance company myself , lake Erie boats and trailers and equipment like rods and reels are a specialized coverage and most agents I have seen do not have the knowledge and experience to cover these costly items that we have worked hard to get, and when a unexpected thing like a deer running out in front of you causes you to loose your rig which for an extra $30.00 would have been covered that's just poor due diligence on the agents part not yours .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Capt Tacky appreciate the the help in the future I like all of us are looking forward to the spring .
    Question are there some spots close to us that are good for the early jig bite I have made the run east to the reefs but are there some closer spots ?
    Now that I have a boat there is a growing list of young fishermen and women who are chomping at the bit to go out and catch fish so I 'm thinking short productive trips at first to give them a good experience .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Thanks Capt Tacky appreciate the the help in the future I like all of us are looking forward to the spring .
    Question are there some spots close to us that are good for the early jig bite I have made the run east to the reefs but are there some closer spots ?
    Now that I have a boat there is a growing list of young fishermen and women who are chomping at the bit to go out and catch fish so I 'm thinking short productive trips at first to give them a good experience .
    Yes, many good areas , out front of Maumee Bay State Park, The Pair out by the Light House , West of Light House on the dumping Grounds plus other areas West.

Going East ,In Front of Crane Creek all the way down to Davis Bessee .

You will not have a problem getting to Jigging area from Meinke Marina all short runs , just follow all of the Boats ! but all depends on the weather .