Lake Erie rookie looking for help!! Lake Erie rookie looking for help!! Lake Erie rookie looking for help!! Lake Erie rookie looking for help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that most charters struggled by the islands yesterday. Some did find some perch, but a lot of them moved several times and came in without limits. It is always a tough bite after a couple days of NE Winds. Sorry to hear about East Harbor. Hopefully today will be a good day for perch!

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info madd Matt. Yes there is high expectations for the trip and it might get shortened depending on their behavior and excitement level. The boat I have is a 21' stratos 290sf so waves may play a large factor to how the trip will play out. That being said the info on the largemouth in east harbor is a great back up plan. My family has a cabin in on a lake in Canada and we go up there once a year. My kids go fishing on the boat there for 4 hours at a time and want to keep fishing. So the hope is if I keep fish on the end of their poles we can have an amazing experience over the holiday. Thanks again and if anyone else has additional info I would love to hear it. All three of us are excited and looking forward to our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Dramamine for the kids

Post Thanks / Like

Ok friends now that it's less then a week away, we can you give me an idea of what to expect. Sounds like beautiful weather so my boat should be able to get me where the fish are biting. Any new advise would be appreciated. What hotel to stay at reasonably priced maybe even a place for boys to swim, boat ramp to use, place for bait, where to get perch cleaned at. Again I just want to have a good experience with my boys who love fishing

Post Thanks / Like

If the water is a bit too rough on the lake, you can always switch to fishing the bay for channel cats.

Post Thanks / Like

The good old lake is full of cats for sure.... I catch them all over, but around mid June I was North of Kellys close to the border casting a dropshot with rubber. I found a school of channel cats and every cast for over 20 minutes I caught one that was close to 4-6 pounds id say. I was looking for smallies, but found them, they were beautiful healthy fish.

I catch them everywhere with everything. If they taste good ??? ( slimey) I refuse to net them cause they cover your net with slime.
    man you can fill your freezer so fast..
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Centralohio112 View Post
    Ok friends now that it's less then a week away, we can you give me an idea of what to expect. Sounds like beautiful weather so my boat should be able to get me where the fish are biting. Any new advise would be appreciated. What hotel to stay at reasonably priced maybe even a place for boys to swim, boat ramp to use, place for bait, where to get perch cleaned at. Again I just want to have a good experience with my boys who love fishing
    I assume that by now you found a hotel. Mazuricks is a good ramp and you can access pretty much all of the activity from there. We clean our own fish, but if you post a new topic in here with that question then you will get a lot of info. Hi-Way bait is my "go to" for most bait. They don't have soft craws though, so for that I go to Rickards.

Post in here tonight if you get this and let us know how you did today.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this wind quits for you today and tomorrow it's blowing hard out of the north but Sunday and Monday it's supposed to lay down. I'm not familiar with the hotel's in the area. Stay safe out there.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to 2 differant groups today, both got 3 man limits straight out the portage on the gravel beds, I hit my stop from last week south of g, slow pick of 20. Lots of trash including a 25 inch sheephead. Moved to d, lots of boats. Good marks, no takers

Post Thanks / Like

A 25 inch sheep head. Thats a dandy...
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium