Tipping Jigs Tipping Jigs Tipping Jigs Tipping Jigs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tipping Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tipping Jigs

I am fairly new to the jig bite. I am hearing from the bait suppliers that it is necessary to tip the hair jig with minnows. My question, is it more productive to tip the jig or not tip the jig or it doesn't make any difference. Thanks a lot. BTW this is a great web sight and has been a lot of help for us beginners as well as novices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddi View Post
    I am fairly new to the jig bite. I am hearing from the bait suppliers that it is necessary to tip the hair jig with minnows. My question, is it more productive to tip the jig or not tip the jig or it doesn't make any difference. Thanks a lot. BTW this is a great web sight and has been a lot of help for us beginners as well as novices.
    I feel that This is yearly debate.. I know from personal experience that either way is productive.. We usually do not use minnows on our jigs because we have better luck casting our jigs and when the jigs are casted the minnows don't usually like to stay on very well.. However we always stop at the bait shop and atleast get two scoops of shiners just incase the fish want to be picky that day .. Usually we just cast the jig out away from the boat and as long as you keep it moving with a quick jerk let it slam back to the bottom and so on and so forth if there's fish there they'll be on the end of your line on your next pull (hitting it on the way back to the bottom) ... Like I said this is just my opinion and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of mixed reviews but what does it hurt to stop and get a few scoops just in case ..

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

I like to tip with just minnow heads. I do this when ice fishing too. Minnow heads stay on better and if you use a stinger a whole minnow stays on better too. I cure my left over shiners and use these they are tougher. One of my favorite ways to tip a jig is by using a strip of belly meat from a white perch when I catch one. It will last for hours. Works for perch too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yaddi View Post
    I highly recommend this thread...

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...6973#post46973

--Matt