boat sunk boat sunk boat sunk boat sunk
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: boat sunk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I could be wrong but I think West Marine can hook you up to the Boat US towing insurance, and I am pretty sure that it is per boat.
    https://www.boatus.com/MembershipWeb...buytowing.aspx

Thanks wakina,

I looked it up and this Boat US says it will cover every boat you own for $158.00.. Any knowledge on this company?
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pimplepounder View Post
    https://www.boatus.com/MembershipWeb...buytowing.aspx

Thanks wakina,

I looked it up and this Boat US says it will cover every boat you own for $158.00.. Any knowledge on this company?
    That is who I am with. I think skipper9 is with them also, along with allot of other boaters on Lake Erie.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-22-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

BoatUS will cover every boat you own for $72, the $158 is for their saltwater plan.

http://www.boatus.com/towing/services.asp

My question is, does anyone know what an hourly rate is for the companies on the Western end of the lake? The insurance policy on the boat will cover up to $500 for a tow, which is more than enough if it's $100/hr, but if they're getting $200+/hr, that extra $72 a year isn't looking too bad.

I do know the clock starts from the time they leave their dock and runs until they get back to the dock, I'm guessing it would take a minimum of 4 hours where we're usually fishing (assuming they're coming from Port Clinton). So if it's $100/hr, $500 should suffice. If it's $250/hr, if I get towed once every 5-10 years, the membership pays for itself.

Does anyone know what the hourly cost is for some of these services?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    BoatUS will cover every boat you own for $72, the $158 is for their saltwater plan.

http://www.boatus.com/towing/services.asp

My question is, does anyone know what an hourly rate is for the companies on the Western end of the lake? The insurance policy on the boat will cover up to $500 for a tow, which is more than enough if it's $100/hr, but if they're getting $200+/hr, that extra $72 a year isn't looking too bad.

I do know the clock starts from the time they leave their dock and runs until they get back to the dock, I'm guessing it would take a minimum of 4 hours where we're usually fishing (assuming they're coming from Port Clinton). So if it's $100/hr, $500 should suffice. If it's $250/hr, if I get towed once every 5-10 years, the membership pays for itself.

Does anyone know what the hourly cost is for some of these services?
    About 5 years ago I had to get towed from Gull to Kelly's Island. It was almost $600. I did have insurance, but I had to pay up front and then try to get reimbursed from my insurance company (Which eventually I did) but they only reimbursed me $500. Even if the tow was under $500 and they paid me the full amount back, it wasn't worth $80 to go through the hassle.

I have been with Rescue Marine ever since. However, now reading that some companies will insure multiple boats for less $$ I may need to switch. I will say that with Rescue Marine the boat is insured, not just me... So when my dad or brother takes it out they are still covered. When they insure you as an individual, then you need to be on the boat for them to cover it.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    About 5 years ago I had to get towed from Gull to Kelly's Island. It was almost $600. I did have insurance, but I had to pay up front and then try to get reimbursed from my insurance company (Which eventually I did) but they only reimbursed me $500. Even if the tow was under $500 and they paid me the full amount back, it wasn't worth $80 to go through the hassle.

I have been with Rescue Marine ever since. However, now reading that some companies will insure multiple boats for less $$ I may need to switch. I will say that with Rescue Marine the boat is insured, not just me... So when my dad or brother takes it out they are still covered. When they insure you as an individual, then you need to be on the boat for them to cover it.

-Matt
    Thanks for the info, Matt! I'll keep all of that in mind. In my case, we've got a 270 Sea Ray and a 17' Triton. BoatUS covering both will be nice, especially since the Triton is used on the Ohio River and other bodies of water for duck hunting and Rescue Marine is only good on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Question > If a fellow boater/fisherman had motor problems, is it possible to give/get a tow from a fellow boater/fisherman or is that not legal ? This is the first post for me, hope I don't screw it up and it land in the wrong category.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurance.

I just got Boat Us today. I asked the lady if I had to be on the boat. My son would be the only other one to use it, She told me as long as he had my permission to use it he would be covered.

Post Thanks / Like

I was west of south bass and towed to Catawba by rescue marine and it was $600. They told me the dock they use for towing the west end of the lake was east harbor on Catawba.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are out of shrocks marina.

Post Thanks / Like

I use mienke's tow service. They are great. They are also affiliated with BoatUS. If you are leaving their immediate tow area (which is huge) if you let them know they will transfer your membership to BoatUS. They are great people too. They run out of Mienke's West which is a plus for me because that is where I dock.