3 Way Riggin Crankbaits? 3 Way Riggin Crankbaits? 3 Way Riggin Crankbaits? 3 Way Riggin Crankbaits?

Default 3 Way Riggin Crankbaits?

Anyone run crankbaits by 3 way riggin?Looking for some tips on how to setup a 3 way rig for pulling a crankbait.

What weight to use?
    How long to make the leaders?
    What style crankbait to use?

Thanks
    -2014 Tahoe Q5SF named "Fish-N-Tails"
    Tight Lines!

I do run 3 way rigs quite often during late April and through the month of may. Typically I'm running a reef runner minus the front treble hook along with a two hook worm harness. Just tie a 3 way swivel onto the main line about 6' above the reef runner. Then I generally run the harness about 7' behind the 3 way swivel. I have run them with stinger spoons minus the harness. I'm sure you could use it with a shallow running stick bait also, although I haven't tried that yet. If you want to know whether they work or not, a few years ago my dad caught a double with one walleye going 25" and the other going 27".
    Last edited by ErieEye; 03-21-2016 at 01:53 PM.

I run 3-way swivels all the time. One of the lures must dive (reef-runner, wiggle-wart, dhj, ----) and the other lure must run flat (night crawler harness, stinger spoon, any flutter spoon, something that does not dive).

My leaders are 30” and 60” and I put the diving lure on the short leader. I would not make them any shorter but you can make them longer. The long leader is restricted by the length of your fishing rod. If your leader is longer than your fishing rod you will have a hard time landing a fish.

I tie one end of the leader to a Duolock Snaps or Interlocking Snaps and the other end to Interlocking Snap Swivel. The Interlocking Snap Swivel gets attached to the 3-way swivel and the snap get attached to the lure.

I use brass 3-way swivels size 6, Interlocking Snaps are size 2, and Interlocking Snap Swivels are size 2.

It is very important when you put the lures in the water that they swimming properly. You need to let them swim as you let line out or they will get tangled. If the leaders get tangled or all twisted up just pull easy on the lures as you pull them apart and they will un-tangle.

You might say you are using your diving lure as a jet driver and use Precision Trolling Book chart to get the depth you want.

I use 15 lbs test fluorcarbon for my leader line.
    Last edited by ReelAction II; 03-21-2016 at 12:58 PM.