Trolling bags Trolling bags Trolling bags Trolling bags

Thread: Trolling bags

Default Trolling bags

Have a question about trolling bags.I am currently running two 36 inch Amish bags and can only get speed down to 1.6 to 1.8. Would like to get down to 1 to 1.2 for spring trolling. Would going to 48 inch bags get me slow enough? I have a 24ft Trophy. Ty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhitehunter View Post
    Have a question about trolling bags.I am currently running two 36 inch Amish bags and can only get speed down to 1.6 to 1.8. Would like to get down to 1 to 1.2 for spring trolling. Would going to 48 inch bags get me slow enough? I have a 24ft Trophy. Ty
    You might try adding a 5 gallon bucket?

don't really know why the 36" bags don't slow you down enough. I have a 21' cobia with a 350 vortec motor that gets me down with 36" bags. could just be that you need to idle the motor down a few rpm's. my motor only idles at 650 rpm's. but yes the 48" bags should get you down where you want to be.

Yes two 48s will most likely slow you down. Or one 5 footer of the back with the two 36 bags. Message( gettin jiggy) on here he sells a really high quality bag very reasonably. Made by a Amish friend of his.. I have been using the same ones for 7 years.

Thanks for all the information. My idle rpm is 650 and I tried the bucket thing still to fast think I'll try looking up getting jiggy and try the 48 inch bags. Thanks Jim.

I have a 60 inch bag you can use if you want to try it.

I also have a Trophy. Hardtop 2352. I have a kicker motor I use but my main motor 4.3 LX with a 15p prop gets me down to 1 mph or even a few tenths less, depending on wind speed. Do you know your prop pitch?
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden