Storing stick baits Storing stick baits Storing stick baits Storing stick baits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Storing stick baits

You folks have provided a wealth of information over the years. I hope you can give me some good advice today. I have been storing my stickbaits in Plano 3730 Flipsiders. They hold 40 stickbaits in each box. I have 4 boxes, and they work very well for me. The problem is that box is evidently discontinue . I have about 60 more stickbaits that need to be stored on the boat. Question is, what are you all using to contain your lures? I appreciate all advice.

Check out the the clear tube storage system from Amish Outfitters. The 7"-8'' one keeps all your RR 800s, Bandits, etc separated in clear tubes with lids which you mark with a sharpie. Organized, very neat, no more tangled hooks. Easy to switch out baits and put back in a clear case. Very user friendly. Works for me. Hope this helps.

I really like the b and b bait boxes. They will float if they fall over board and the baits will not tangle. I have used the tubes they were also nice it just seemed like they got damaged from heavy use. http://www.bbbaitbox.com/
    Last edited by skipper9; 03-14-2016 at 08:05 PM.

I really like the " special mate " boxes made by Trinity they make them for large or small cranks as well for spoons. absolutely no tangled hooks

I have two Special Mate boxes for sale. http://www.coldwatertackle.com/trini...ate-tackle-box

PM or call 419/265-0126

Capt. Ted

B & B are great easy access as chambers are slit so you can get you fingers in and grab bait. As Skipper 9 says They Float

Quote Originally Posted by chumthrower View Post
    Check out the the clear tube storage system from Amish Outfitters. The 7"-8'' one keeps all your RR 800s, Bandits, etc separated in clear tubes with lids which you mark with a sharpie. Organized, very neat, no more tangled hooks. Easy to switch out baits and put back in a clear case. Very user friendly. Works for me. Hope this helps.
    I like these too, I have both sizes, easy to see and organize and they keep your lures and hooks dry rust free and sharp. Great for bucktails and spinners too.
    Kent.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I use the special mate boxes myself. I have spoken with david at dreamcatcher bait and tackle aka old bait barn and he has a way to get them. I would stop in so you can check them out.

I agree on the B&B box. I have been untangling baits for years and this box works great. Picked it up at Bays Edge in Marblehead.Storing stick baits-march-2016-003-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by chumthrower View Post
    I use the shorter version of the tube boxes for my worm harnesses since they are about 4"s long without the snell and when added the 5 inch snell goes in without a hitch, they work great! But I must note that I don't have the 60+" leaders to deal with, I keep those leaders wrapped on a leader tender.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-15-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip