Better Blade Colors Better Blade Colors Better Blade Colors Better Blade Colors

Default Better Blade Colors

While retying my harness blades and general tuning them up fo the upcoming season, I noticed all my blades were in basically four color groups. Greens, pinks, purples, and chartreuse. I am very satisfied with the couple hundred I use, but, I wonder if I am missing something by not using, red, blue, brown or whatever else. Can anyone tell me I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    While retying my harness blades and general tuning them up fo the upcoming season, I noticed all my blades were in basically four color groups. Greens, pinks, purples, and chartreuse. I am very satisfied with the couple hundred I use, but, I wonder if I am missing something by not using, red, blue, brown or whatever else. Can anyone tell me I am missing something.
    Gold Perch, Gold Shiner, Cisco Purple, Silver Shiner and Rainbow. They can be viewed here and just the blades are available on some other sites. I use the size 5 and 6 when using Colorado Blades With 6 being the size most often used. I use the Gold Shiner and the Rainbow (Shiner) exclusively and my son and a couple of friends use the other colors mentioned. I have some no longer available Bass Pro XPS Hatchet Blades in color patterns very similar to the 2 Colorado colors that I use and there is always at least one of those 2 in my spread at all times. There are some online vendors who sell just the Northland blades.

https://shop.northlandtackle.com/Cat...pinner_Harness
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thank you Wakina. We have been using the same colors for quite a while and knew there had to be others that work as well. We also use the same colors when fishing our home waters around Erie . We use the double willow blades there of course. I will order some of your suggestions and look forward to tying up a bunch and trying them this year. I will let you know how they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    Thank you Wakina. We have been using the same colors for quite a while and knew there had to be others that work as well. We also use the same colors when fishing our home waters around Erie . We use the double willow blades there of course. I will order some of your suggestions and look forward to tying up a bunch and trying them this year. I will let you know how they work for me.
    Any blades that resemble the ones that I have mentioned should work for you. I checked my normal sources and came up blank so I checked the Northland Tackle web site and they apparently have them. Good Luck!

https://shop.northlandtackle.com/Cat...Colorado_Blade

Here is another that has them in most sizes.

http://www.fishusa.com/product/North...olorado-Blades
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

One thing I know for sure.

White perch and sheep heads like any color it seems. Just kidding guys. I just can't hardly stand using harnesses cause of them darn fellas

Kent
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Hammered gold. I have all the other patterns in spoons, willow and Colorado blades, nothing can keep up with good old hammered gold blades with red and gold beads. I have a bunch of 15 year old size 3 Colorado blades that are tarnished and they're still better than any of these new colors I've used.

I know just about everyone on here will disagree with me, but you really don't need to get caught up in all of these color patterns for your harnesses. Tie some double willow harnesses with hammered gold blades and red and gold beads and tell me that doesn't catch as many fish as the rest of the patterns combined 9 days out of 10.

Hammered gold. I have all the other patterns in spoons, willow and Colorado blades, nothing can keep up with good old hammered gold blades with red and gold beads. I have a bunch of 15 year old size 3 Colorado blades that are tarnished and they're still better than any of these new colors I've used.

I know just about everyone on here will disagree with me, but you really don't need to get caught up in all of these color patterns for your harnesses. Tie some double willow harnesses with hammered gold blades and red and gold beads and tell me that doesn't catch as many fish as the rest of the patterns combined 9 days out of 10.