Best place to Ramp for Spring Jiggin? Best place to Ramp for Spring Jiggin? Best place to Ramp for Spring Jiggin? Best place to Ramp for Spring Jiggin?

Default Best place to Ramp for Spring Jiggin?

Hey all,

I know of Magee, Fenwick, Fishermans Cove, Wild Wings, and Beef Creek. Which place has the best access for jiggin? What do they charge for a ramp fee? Thanks.
    -2014 Tahoe Q5SF named "Fish-N-Tails"
    Tight Lines!

Magee East charged $5 last year and their ramps are okay, but the water by the ramps that launch you back towards Route 2 isn't very deep. Fenwick charges $10 and their ramps are excellent. They also have the benefit of being a little closer to the lake than Magee East, you have to idle past Fenwick on your way out of Turtle Creek from Magee East.

I wouldn't recommend the ramps at Wild Wings. They're steep, very steep. We couldn't even get our old boat back on the trailer with damn near drowning the tail pipe on the truck. It's the closest of the 3 to the reef complex, by only by about 1.5-2 miles, not really worth the headache. They also charged $10 per day last year.

I haven't been to the others to give an opinion, but we use Fenwick's ramp and compared to the others you mentioned it's the best for our boats. Hope this helps.

Fisherman cove has the best ramps not steep like the others , I think they charge $. 10.00

I second Fishermen's Cove, great ramps and docks and puts you right and the mouth of turtle creek. Shortest ride out by far

Let me tell you about a problem I had last year at wild wings and why I will NEVER use them again. I was up there in the spring and when I came off the lake I had a flat tire on my trailer. Obviously they don't have a tire repair shop there so I needed to fill it up and try to get somewhere to fix it. I went to use their air machine, which they charge for and discovered I didn't have any cash or change on me. They have an atm machine, however it was down. I went to the teller, explained my problem and offered to buy something and they could charge me an extra dollar and give me the change in quarters. They said it was against their policy. I again explained my situ

Let me tell you about my experience with wild wings last spring, after coming off the lake I discovered I had a flat tire on my trailer. Obviously they don't have any facilities to repair a tire. My only option was to fill up the tire and head to a place where I could get it fixed. In order to use their air machine you must insert quarters. Unfortunately I did not have any cash or change on me. I went to use their atm machine but it was down. I explained my situation to the cashier and offered to buy something and could she please charge me a dollar more so I could get change to use their air pump. She staTed it was against their policy to do so. I again explained my situation that I needed air so I could fill my tire, using their machine to which she replied it was against their policy.

Obviously the 10.00 I paid for the ramp fee didn't mean anything to them. I would never treat a customer like that. As far as I'm concerned, they will never get another dime from me!

PS. While I was out on the lake someone stole my 5 way adapter for my trailer lights.