2601 striper boat problem 2601 striper boat problem 2601 striper boat problem 2601 striper boat problem
  1. Default 2601 striper boat problem

Purchased a new striper 2601 (made by Larson) in 2014. After about a year and a half I noticed many area of the coating on the inside of the boat around the engine compartment are flaking off. Lots of cracks around where anything is screwed into the hull. Very unsightly and probably a safety concern as some of this material will no doubt end up in my bilge pumps. Larson warranty department not real helpful.... Downplaying the problem. Only wanting to do spot repairs. Basically anywhere you can get a look at the bilge area even in the bow of the boat it is pealing off.... Pretty disgusted!

Any thoughts who I could take this to to have it analyzed or repaired. Larson says they will pay but they rejected my local boat repair shops opinions and work scope...

Sorry to post this in the fishing report section but I know this area gets a lot of views and there are a number of knowledgeable people that post here....

Thanks

Jason

Was the local repair shop the place you bought it? I would take it to a Striper dealer and get their opinion on what the fix should be. That would give you plenty of ammo to go after Larson to fix it. If that didn't work, I would start being a complete PITA with them. Having the dealer call, asking to talk to supervisors, managers, the BBB all that happy stuff.

3. Default

We bought it from Wunderland marine in Michigan. I'll probably take it back there. It's a bit of a drive but probably worth it to put it back in the dealers hands.

If Larson says they will pay I would contact them again and ask them where they would like you to take the boat for the repairs. They may be peeved you have bypassed their dealer service departments network. Kinda like they want the money to go to the people/businesses who are actually affiliated with and support the Striper line. If that fails then become that PIA.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default striper boat

Hi Jason,
    I also own a striper boat, its older and a 2001, did you hear of the S.O.C. ( Stripers owners club) www. seastriper.com On line and lots of owners share info, great site to join..
    I also would take this back to where I bought it, if they don't fix it, let it sit there...
    I have a problem with my new ford f350 now, they want to give me an extended warranty... ya , just fix it.....
    Good luck Rick
    Last edited by Prime Time 2; 02-10-2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added to
    Rick

6. Default

Larson actually directed me to take to someone in Pittsburgh. The warranty director isn't the friendliest guy. So buyer beware on Larson boats. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.