Lodging Info Lodging Info Lodging Info Lodging Info

Thread: Lodging Info

Default Lodging Info

I am interested in staying at a Wild wings condos with 5 other guys. Can someone give me a review for cleanliness. A quick PM is fine.

Thank you

I also am interested in overnight dockage and overnight accommodations in this area for most weekends in April. I will be docked at Happy Days in Port Clinton but would like to save the drive back every evening. I will be fishing every Friday and Saturday during April weather permitting!!! This will my first spring jigging season and can't wait. 51 days!!

I'm guessing you're referring to Green Cove, in which case it's going to depend on the unit you get. Those aren't like a motel where they're dedicated rentals owned by a company, but units that are owned by individuals who choose to let them out to get some money back from their investment. In general the facility is nice, clean and safe. Again, which unit you get will determine how nice it is and what amenities it has. Good luck!

I think it was capitalwalleye that used to advertise a condo for rent at Green Cove. Maybe you could PM him.
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

I've looked into staying at places in this area, if you plan to trailer a boat they seem to have an ordnance about parking trailers. All boats and trailers must be left in a remote parking lot, that just doesn't work for me since I need to have power to my boat every night to charge batteries.

Something to consider.

I'm guessing you're referring to Green Cove, in which case it's going to depend on the unit you get. Those aren't like a motel where they're dedicated rentals owned by a company, but units that are owned by individuals who choose to let them out to get some money back from their investment. In general the facility is nice, clean and safe. Again, which unit you get will determine how nice it is and what amenities it has. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by WI Walleye View Post
    I've looked into staying at places in this area, if you plan to trailer a boat they seem to have an ordnance about parking trailers. All boats and trailers must be left in a remote parking lot, that just doesn't work for me since I need to have power to my boat every night to charge batteries.

Something to consider.
    That, again, depends on the unit. Each condo at Green Cove has a deeded dock and the docks have power, if you get a unit where the owner keeps their boat in the water you might need to make other arrangements, but if they don't sick a boat there they might have no problem with you using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    That, again, depends on the unit. Each condo at Green Cove has a deeded dock and the docks have power, if you get a unit where the owner keeps their boat in the water you might need to make other arrangements, but if they don't sick a boat there they might have no problem with you using it.
    Agree, I should have more clear, but that's why I mentioned "trailering" a boat.

We were offered one dock with the rental but were coming with 4 to 6 guys and two boats.

Default Lodging Info

Quote Originally Posted by WI Walleye View Post
    Agree, I should have more clear, but that's why I mentioned "trailering" a boat.

We were offered one dock with the rental but were coming with 4 to 6 guys and two boats.
    Posting to help try to clear some things up about Green Cove at Wild Wings and is only my opinion.

The units are individually owned and typically rented by the owners. I feel the docks are great and can handle most anything up to 28' being 30' docks. I also feel that they do a very nice job of keeping the grounds up including the pool and fish cleaning stations. Owners have access key cards for both.
    Important things to know and ask when inquiring about a rental

1. No Boat Trailer Parking at the condos, there are places in the area to leave trailer after launch including Wild Wings and Bait Barn.
    2. Some units have electric at the dock and some do not. Most units with the dock right out front do. Finger dock units on assigned to the Teal Bend units do not. (We own one of each but not renting the Teal Bend unit).
    3. Closest Ramp is Wild Wings using the same canal Ramp Fee at Wild Wings $10 (2015)
    4. This may be a tough spring to get rentals since some units have been rented and we have had several inquiries from Davis Bessie workers since I believe there will be an outage this spring with work being done at the power plant.
    5. You cannot get much closer to the spring jig action.
    6. Our and most units are just over 500SF single bedroom with one bath (some of these have a loft with bed). Cramming 5-6 guys into a 1 bedroom cannot be too much fun and we try to have 4 max. There are some true 2 bedroom units that should be able to handle larger groups.
    7. Some folks have a cleaning fee and provide linens etc.. Important to know when coming.
    8. Permanent Charcoal Grills are on site
    9. Parking can be tough with condos able to handle 2-3 vehicles right in front of the rented condo. (Please do not park in front of other condos or one the grass. I have seen vehicles and trailers towed.
    http://www.vacationrentals411.com/va...85.html?type=6

I hope the above helps and I am sure that I am missing some important things and the above is just my opinion.

More than happy to answer any questions.

Happy Fishing!

John