Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15 Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15 Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15 Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15

Default Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15

Last night, I received a call from Ben Rewa, (one of my regular customers) asking me if I wanted to go fishing this morning on his boat. How could I refuse? It's the day before Christmas Eve, and it's a 60+ degree day, and the walleye are biting right now!

Ben, and his boss's sons, Mike and Andrew (Drew), drove in from Michigan early this morning, and picked me up at my house at 7am. We headed to Huron to launch, and were on the water by 7:30-7:45. Ben asked me where we should go, so I told him I wanted to go left out of the Huron River and hit one of my favorite spots that isn't far off shore. The Sawmill Hump just seems to hold fish most times of the year, so I figured with the chance of gusty winds arriving early, we would be sheltered there. And, if they were biting, we would hit the jackpot. Well, guess what....they were there, AND they were biting this morning.

We started out with Smithwick Perfect 10's, run without any weight, behind Offshore planer boards 50-75 back at 1.4-1.5mph in 24-26' of water.

Mike and Drew have never fished on Lake Erie before, and this was their first big water walleye experience. It didn't take long before they were fighting their first triple, and got all three in the boat. They were all smiles and having a blast!

The program was narrowed down to running the baits 50-65 back and the colors were narrowed down to the Lemon Lime Crush, Blue/Chrome, and that one that has a Purple back, goldish-green sides, and an orange belly (I'm too tired to go look up its name, but you get the idea).

We were off the water by 12:30 with 13 big walleye and one bonus steelhead. It was a really fun time with some really fun guys, and I can't thank them enough for inviting me along. I really needed to get back on the water today!

The boys did a fantastic job reeling in most of the fish, and setting the lines once they learned how to do it. I will be fishing with Mike and Drew again this spring, when they bring their Dad back on April 12th for a trophy walleye trip.

Well, that's definitely, most probably, my last trip out on the lake this season, so I'll see you all "Next Year"!

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

Happy Holidays to ALL!!

Capt Juls
    P.S....
    Just a heads up if you're looking for a Spring "Monster Walleye" Adventure...
    Don't wait too long to book an April or May date, because they are filling fast!
    The dates still available right now are:
    April: 6
    May: 17, 18, 26, 31

Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15-12_23_2015-ben-mike-drewimg_5173-jpg Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15-12_23_2015-ben-mike-drewimg_5187-jpg Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15-12_23_2015-ben-mike-drewimg_5189-jpg Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15-12_23_2015-ben-mike-drewimg_5202-jpg Fishing with Ben, Mike, and Drew 12/23/15-12_23_2015-ben-mike-drewimg_5203-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 01-22-2016 at 02:57 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Very cool photos, and a great read. I love seeing this stuff, feeds the dreams of doing it someday.

??? If I may, the Spring bite that you take people out for, is it all trolling those big baits, or more jigging/ casting maybe cranks baits? Just wondering what type of fishing you do in the Spring on trips.

I start trolling crank baits (same as we used today, along with deep husky jerks, and rogues) as soon as the ice is gone. Hopefully, this year, we will be out in mid-March.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters