El Nino impact on ice fishing El Nino impact on ice fishing El Nino impact on ice fishing El Nino impact on ice fishing
    Blog Entries

Default El Nino impact on ice fishing

Has anyone heard of a long range temperature forecast for great lakes area. Apparently the El Nino effect is causing higher than average winter temperatures across much of the country. Wondering if we'll get any ice fishing time in this winter.

Sounds like temps be above average. If we get ice I'll be ready to go. In the mean time I'm still fishing from my boat. Sunday we went perch fishing and did great. Water temp running 43-44.

Does not look good for ice. Weather. Com has mostly 40 degree + weather forecast for the next 15 days for daytime highs. Accu weather has mostly 40 degree + weather forecast thru the end of the third week of January for daytime highs. If that holds true there will not be alot of time left for mother nature to make safe ice this season.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

figures last couple years we couldn't keep up with ice jigs and spoons any thing silver and blue was gone next day so i figured id get a early start and made 3500 or more from cleos to laser jigs and lots of milwaukee minnows to ice lures. sold lots to bait shops but come on ice i'm running out of storage room