Short trip today Short trip today Short trip today Short trip today

Default Short trip today

Started where I last caught fish last week, but didn't mark many fish. So I decided to move out and west a little. Trolled sw in 28fow running the baits between 55 to 75 back, was marking fish pretty good, but only boated 1 fish. Moved the speed up to see if that would help and caught 1 more. Picked up the gear moved back for another pass to try with deeper leads and had 3 out of 4 boards pull back at the same time(90fb at 1.3mph)...netted all 3 fish....thought I had the right combination of speed and depth, made 2 more passes and nothing. Marked a lot of walleye about 1/4 mile east of b-can, where I caught all 5 fish, 3 on hot tiger and 2 on green perch bandits. All the fish were about 3-4lb males and already building jizsacks....incase anybody is cares to know....lol I usually fish Michigan water this time of year and never noticed that this early before ice.

Thanks for posting. We are going to try to go out this weekend too if the weather permits. Not been much on here lately so it is nice to hear that you caught some.

Not thinking your going to see many more post, as 99% of boats are pulled and most of the rest are fishing for perch. You can catch perch any time as long as you're willing to travel to the right ramp, but I prefer to troll for walleye whenever possible. I've mostly been perch fishing out of WildWings, Bolles Harbor or Mazurik's the last few weeks and just started walleye fishing again last week because of the all fish I've been seeing, except Sunday we fished out of Sterling S.P. because I heard some guys were catching walleye up there, the parking lot was packed, but we only caught big white bass trolling and decided to perch fished the rest of the day. Leaving from WildWings and running north of the reefs has been the only bite I've found if your looking for walleye.

2 of us went out yesterday, started trolling north of Little Pickerel, saw a few decent marks but no takers. Ran Huskies off one side and Perfect 10's out the other at around 1.3 mph. Got bored after 90 minutes so we switched to perch. Ran over to B-can, lots of marks but nothing really taking. Moved twice with similar results and then moved to Big Pickerel. Hot action there and got our 60 in less than 2 hours with almost everything we kept over 8" and lots of throwbacks including 10-12 YOY walleye.

Talked to a troller who was nearby and they had boated a couple so we gave it a try there. (Thanks for being willing to share information if you are reading this.) Trolled another hour with same program as morning and varying speeds but still nothing. Haven't got these fall walleyes figured out yet but am going to try again as weather and work allows. Another beautiful day on the lake!

If you were up there around noon, I probably was trolling right by you. I've got a black 196 fishmaster. There was only about 4 or 5 boats trolling up there when I was out. There was a white older boat on Little pickerel when I pulled up, a bigger hardtop, and the guys in the Ranger that have been up there the last few times I was out. I talked to them last week and they said they've been catching a few up there too.

yes I was in the brown Crestliner. I spoke to the guys in the Ranger who told me they had picked a few. They were trolling in circles between B can and Big Pickerel.

I cleaned some walleye Monday that I caught out of Huron and noticed the "jizzsacks" too...also had a female full of eggs as well. It struck me as odd, but what do I know.

Left out of Mazurik's yesterday, did a lap around Kelly's with no results. Moved to the south passage and found a ton of fish, but only managed to hook up 9 times/landed 5. Running 60 back at 1.4 seemed to be the best setup. Nice 3lb fish stomachs gorged with shad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Short trip today-starve2-jpg Short trip today-footballs-jpg 
    Last edited by Prkr314; 11-17-2015 at 05:15 AM.