fishing in an east wind fishing in an east wind fishing in an east wind fishing in an east wind
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing in an east wind

I was hoping to fish out of channel grove marina this Friday and Saturday (October 2-3). However, the weather forecast indicates an east wind for both days. Is it worth it for an amateur fisherman to fish for walleye and perch in an east wind? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

It's too early to tell. They will change the forecast 10 times between now and then. If you're an amateur as stated, 12 to 13 mile an hour from the east is all your going to want to take. I wouldn't make any judgements just yet though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks walleye2go.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not really put much faith in the wind forecast till about 48hrs before we plan to fish.Dont waste your time with the NOAA forecast as they are often not very accurate and they do not update enough.Most accomplished fisherman use the Iwindsurf website for wind forecast and I would use erie west location as the area you fish.Worst wind direction is north to east for fishing success and higher waves.So avoid those wind directions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to say Wed thru Friday looks really bad - NE winds 20-25 mph and gusts 30 - 39 mph! It can change but would have to be way off to be fishable. Even if it lays Sat, the lake will be stirred up and fish likely scattered. So looks like we have been living on borrowed time - at least for next several days. See the link:

http://wx.iwindsurf.com/spot/881?&ac...tForecastTable
    Last edited by LEfriend; 09-28-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... Isurf now has this Nasty N/NE blow extending through next Tuesday morning! (Cleveland buoy is reading 5' - translate 10' - this AM) After that days will fast be slipping away from us. No wonder so many boats were already pulled last Monday.

From June to the algae to the shiners to the poor late summer walleye bite - and now another blow - I am sure this is one season the bait shops and campgrounds will not want to repeat!
    Last edited by LEfriend; 09-30-2015 at 07:23 AM.