Perch and Young Walleye Perch and Young Walleye Perch and Young Walleye Perch and Young Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Perch and Young Walleye

Fished yesterday, (Tuesday) at the green can on Kelley's Island shoal. (Limited on big perch there last week) Great grade of fish, but quit with 10 at 10:30 AM.. Should have gotten there earlier. At one point I had caught 7 baby walleye and only had 3 perch in the box. The small walleye were the nuisance fish for a while. Couldn't keep them of the line. They look very healthy and are very aggressive. I did catch one 18" walleye on the spreader, so the bigger one's are around there as well. I left when the bite quit.

I stopped and talked to a boat at the red buoy at Gull Island shoal. They weren't doing good on the perch, but were catching very short walleye also. I ended up at Taco bell NE of North Bass looking for more big ones. The two guys I talked to there said they were doing ok. I caught 7 more, not as big and then went in with 17 perch and 1 legal walleye.

Today, minnows at Wozniacki again, went to the rock pile out of PC. 5 nice fish and they quit, even though I was earlier. Stopped at west of SW corner of S Bass. Two small perch. Went to SE side of Green in the pack and finished my 1 man limit in about an hour. Mixed 8's and 7's there.

Headed for Fl Monday. See you in May. Would like to find someone from Lorain who wants to fish the islands on my boat and wants to fish east on their boat for next year. Fishing lunatic, retired early and don't know many who like to fish as much as I do or that have the time that I do.

Fish On!

Post Thanks / Like

Love seeing all the small walleye! Hoping the survival rate is good for them.....
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report...

Baby walleye are never a nuisance! I kiss each and every one of them before I send them back saying, I "Hope to see you again in a few years!" 😜
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

We only caught 10 perch yesterday but probably caught 20 baby walleye! I was happy to see them!