Day Two with John and John 9/23/1 Day Two with John and John 9/23/1 Day Two with John and John 9/23/1 Day Two with John and John 9/23/1

Default Day Two with John and John 9/23/1

I woke up thinking what a great day it was going to be, because the lake was going to be flat, and I could run fast in my sparkly Ranger up to Canada in a speedy fashion. Even as I drove out to Big Bopper's for breakfast, the fog was a tell tale sign that there was no wind. Well, the wind was somehow out on the lake and not on shore....go figure! While it wasn't bad, I couldn't go fast like I wanted to....deep sigh.

John Nash and his friend, John Linder, loaded up the boat with their personal gear and we were off. We launched out of Mazurik's at 7am, along with a plethora of BASS US Bass Open competitors, who were prefishing for their last day before their event starts out of Sandusky tomorrow. The ramp was crowded, but it made me feel right at home, like back when I was launching to fish a tournament too.

We set out for a long ride up to the NE side of Pelee Island, and the Helipad up there. We stopped and fished two spots before hitting a third spot out near the dumping grounds where a handful of boats were perch'n. We caught a total of 27 really nice...really-really nice... perch up there, before I decided it was time to go try for some more down by Middle Island. The wind was picking up and the waves were now 2-3's, and it would be a following sea on our way back down. So, we took our time, and had a nice ride while they ate their brownies.

We stopped near Middle to get three more perch to round out a one person limit before setting up for some walleye trolling. They fished for those while I ate my lunch. By the time I was done with my sandwich, they had those last three fish in the box.

I turned off the Ulterra's Spot Lock and simply turned the boat around to make a pass down the west side of Gull Shoal. We ran Bandits 30/45 with 1oz Snap-weights, and 30/30 with 2oz snap-weights, and two dipsies with big spoons at 2.0-2.2mph.
    The dipsie went off first, and the rod action showed a pretty good fish. We lost it when John wasn't used to tripping the dipsie, and jerked it a little too hard (twice), and the fish came off. lol
    At one point we ended up pretty shallow on the shoal, because a giant sheephead sunk the Off Shore board and it took forever to get in, and I wasn't paying attention to our direction...uffda! But, as a bonus for being preoccupied, we did catch a very nice small mouth up on top of the rocks in 15 foot of water.

After several more sheephead and one small 12" walleye, they decided to cut their 10 hour trip down to 8 hours, and we headed in.

They both said they had a good time, had plenty of meat, and wanted to come back in the spring for some of our piggy walleye action....and, that makes me happy!

I'm off tomorrow, and will be on a search mission to find some Emerald Shiners for Friday's perch trip.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day Two with John and John 9/23/1-9-23-15_2-jpg Day Two with John and John 9/23/1-john-nash_2-9-23-15-jpg Day Two with John and John 9/23/1-john-nash-9-23-15-jpg Day Two with John and John 9/23/1-john-nash_3-9-23-15-jpg Day Two with John and John 9/23/1-john-linder-9-23-15-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 09-23-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Does the 30/45 lead referenced by Juls mean 30 ft from lure to the weight, then another 45 ft to the board?
    Thanks.

I hope she chimes in here, but I think you are correct.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Nice meeting you at the dock today and I always enjoy reading your post also.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    Does the 30/45 lead referenced by Juls mean 30 ft from lure to the weight, then another 45 ft to the board?
    Thanks.
    Yes, that's exactly right. 😊
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by FearGod View Post
    Nice meeting you at the dock today and I always enjoy reading your post also.
    Pat
    Nice meeting you...ever so briefly...too! Thanks for reading them...😊
    [email protected]