Weather Sites Weather Sites Weather Sites Weather Sites
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather Sites

Default Weather Sites

What weather sites does everyone use? I find NOAA is not very accurate on weather or waves!

Quote Originally Posted by EPJUNE View Post
    What weather sites does everyone use? I find NOAA is not very accurate on weather or waves!
    I have never found one site to ever be 100% even70% I just look at many=== take an average and go. If I am wrong I drink beer and play with my neighbors, and wait for my next chance.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

My previous post did not do what I wanted it to do. Sorry

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...hs&regionID=95

This has good wind forecasts to help predict waves. Then I use marine weather by AccuWeather
    -2014 Tahoe Q5SF named "Fish-N-Tails"
    Tight Lines!

I use Accuweather for the weather forecast. As far as waves go, I look at the trees behind my dock and decide if I want to go out or not based on how much they are moving. The NOAA forecast is a crap shoot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EPJUNE View Post
    I have several....Wunderground (spelling is correct), they list 10 days and give/guess wind speed, wind direction, air temps and barometer. How 'dependable' is anyone's guess.
    Iwindsurf.com is good.
    And radio..WJR, AM 760, out of Detroit is usually reliable for the westernmost lake area and usually an hour later, most of the time, that weather will be over P.C./P.I.B. area.
    Lakevision.com, Huron and Cleveland have webcams and ilakeerie.com, likewise.

I use NOAA first, as I don't like being out in 6 foot whitecaps! If they give a good report, then I check Iwindsurf to compare and to see what the wind will be like in the area I plan on fishing. That's it for me. Sometimes they're wrong but its been efficient for me personally. I've never gotten a 2 foot or less forecast and ended up in 3-5 footers unless a storm was rolling in.

I dont trust the wave forecasts (been out in plenty f "2 foot and less" days where I wished I wasnt out) so I use iwindsurf for wind forecasts and guess on waves based on wind. That's actually been pretty reliable. And wunderground for weather. But we have rain gear so rain doesnt bother us, as long as there's no thunder and low winds I'm happy! Oh and fish also. That helps.

I use the weather information site listed on the Western Basin Sportfishing Association Website... http://www.wbsa.us/index.php?page=denied

Before making the 2.5 hour trip up, I look at 2 things...
    1. The vermillion weather buoy will give you real time wave height (double it.)
    2. The South Bass Island Weather Station to the real time wind speed and direction.