Mon A Can - better days Mon A Can - better days Mon A Can - better days Mon A Can - better days

Default Mon A Can - better days

Had better Labor days. Mon son and I sat up N of pack at A can. I woke up with stomach cramps and feeling run over but had planned to take him so we went anyway. Started picking away but fish were mostly small and lots of sorting. The 6-8 winds were more like 12-15 and it was blowing whitecaps. We bounced around with a steady slow pick. Would have moved to find bigger fish but with waves and me feeling bad, and worse by hour, didn't want to bother crawling up front to pull anchor. By 11 it was getting hot and with me not feeling good called it a day. Had 45 fish which went 9 # at cleaners so while no bragging, at least he had some perch to take home to his hungry boys who can put fish away. Had I felt better it would have been a good morning.

Felt so bad I told him to drive home. Hit the house, promptly threw up, and spent next two days on the couch with vomiting, (the other end too) and feeling like driven over and left for road kill. It has been nasty. Moral of story....don't go fishing with flu coming on. Understand now it has been going around here and if you get it it is wicked version.

My two boys and I were right there with you on Monday N of A can. We started west of there a couple miles based on a "tip" at Happy Hooker in the morning with no luck. Worked are way over to A moving closer every 30 minutes or so. All we caught were small ones there too. Finally made the move over to B can, found really good marks and started picking up a few. Mostly in the 7-9 inch range and a few dinks thrown in but at least the boys were catching some. We were all by ourselves a couple hundred yards south of the can. Boys had enough after about an hour at B so we finished with about 40. Wish I had started there first!

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Had better Labor days. Mon son and I sat up N of pack at A can. I woke up with stomach cramps and feeling run over but had planned to take him so we went anyway. Started picking away but fish were mostly small and lots of sorting. The 6-8 winds were more like 12-15 and it was blowing whitecaps. We bounced around with a steady slow pick. Would have moved to find bigger fish but with waves and me feeling bad, and worse by hour, didn't want to bother crawling up front to pull anchor. By 11 it was getting hot and with me not feeling good called it a day. Had 45 fish which went 9 # at cleaners so while no bragging, at least he had some perch to take home to his hungry boys who can put fish away. Had I felt better it would have been a good morning.

Felt so bad I told him to drive home. Hit the house, promptly threw up, and spent next two days on the couch with vomiting, (the other end too) and feeling like driven over and left for road kill. It has been nasty. Moral of story....don't go fishing with flu coming on. Understand now it has been going around here and if you get it it is wicked version.
    I wondered why you didn't stop and say Hi at the dock. Hope your feeling better.

There was a second act. Ended up at ER Wed night in middle of night and was admitted for inflammation and an intestinal blockage. After two days of nothing but ice chips and IV's, sent finally sent home Sat afternoon just in time to watch Buckeyes. A ways to go before I am fully on the mend.

Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather! I would have replied earlier but I evidently missed your original post. Anyhow here is to a full and speedy recovery.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

LEfriend, I also hope you heal well and as painlessly as possible. I include you in my prayers. God bless you.