9-6 shakedown plus some perch 9-6 shakedown plus some perch 9-6 shakedown plus some perch 9-6 shakedown plus some perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 9-6 shakedown plus some perch

Headed out of Wild Wings around 2 and went NE. We ran out past B can and anchored on the outside of a pack of boats. Didn't catch anything there in half an hour until I pulled up my dad's did that had been sitting in a rod holder for nearly the entire time while he was messing with the electronics. That had an 8" perch on it (first fish on the new boat!) but we'd already decided to move and, because the GPS/fishfinder on the new boat didn't work, we were flying blind. We headed ENE what I'm guessing was 3-4 miles and saw a bunch of gulls all grouped up on the water. We figured we'd give it a shot since we couldn't mark them ourselves anyways. We were due south of Middle Island and caught a mess of perch in about 3 hours of fishing. Don't have an exact count and they weren't huge, but solid size of 7+ worth a few 9-11 mixed in. Not much sorting, only 3-5 throwbacks, and only 2 sheep, one of which came up with the biggest perch of the day. Yet again or trip is going to be cut short thanks to boat troubles, the power steering pump is leaking and needs a seal. Might get one more trip this year if we get it rebuilt quickly. All things considered, it was a fun shakedown trip with a bonus of some perch in the freezer.

I'd post pics but this new "mobile-friendly" format isn't very mobile-friendly.

Edit: 16 pounds at Cutcher's.
    Last edited by Hoytman86; 09-07-2015 at 08:11 AM.