T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015 T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015 T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015 T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015

Default T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015

I am headed up to the boat in a few miniutes, 1hr away, going back out to B-Can I hope the T-Storms the last 36 hours didn't scatter the fish to bad! Will report good or bad later today.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

going fishing got shiners hope i get back before heat with limit

Will be there with ya.beautiful morning.

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I am headed up to the boat in a few miniutes, 1hr away, going back out to B-Can I hope the T-Storms the last 36 hours didn't scatter the fish to bad! Will report good or bad later today.
    I finally got out of the house about 5:40am. Got caught with a train then another train then had to wait for a wrecker to get some young peoples car out of a corn field. It was 7:10 before I got to the bait store, goldies only got 2 scoops then decided to go to A&J and got 2 scoops of mixed Goldies and Emerald shiners. Turned out I was to late at one and to early at the other bait store to get mostly emeralds. Well that should have been a heads up on how the day would go!

Got to my GPS numbers out by B-Can and got set up around 8:15. I Caught well over 20 perch in the first hr, and except for 6 that went about 8 inches the others were only 4 to 5 inches long. I made a move out North of C-Can to an old way point and caught 19 more nicer fish of about 8+/- inches in about 1.5 hrs along with alot of small 4 to 5 inch perch and 6 small 5 to 6 inch walleyes. I thru back several fish in the 7 1/2 inch range but could not get the last five 8 inch perch as the perch shut down and nary a bite after that.

I ended the day with 25 fish that weighed 8# at Cutchers. All in all a very nice day and had I kept some of those 7 1/2 inch fish a 30 fish limit would have probably weighed 9#.
    Attached Images Attached Images T-Storms and fishing 09/06/2015-20150906_153745_resized-1-jpg 
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I finally got out of the house about 5:40am. Got caught with a train then another train then had to wait for a wrecker to get some young peoples car out of a corn field. It was 7:10 before I got to the bait store, goldies only got 2 scoops then decided to go to A&J and got 2 scoops of mixed Goldies and Emerald shiners. Turned out I was to late at one and to early at the other bait store to get mostly emeralds. Well that should have been a heads up on how the day would go!

Got to my GPS numbers out by B-Can and got set up around 8:15. I Caught well over 20 perch in the first hr, and except for 6 that went about 8 inches the others were only 4 to 5 inches long. I made a move out North of C-Can to an old way point and caught 19 more nicer fish of about 8+/- inches in about 1.5 hrs along with alot of small 4 to 5 inch perch and 6 small 5 to 6 inch walleyes. I thru back several fish in the 7 1/2 inch range but could not get the last five 8 inch perch as the perch shut down and nary a bite after that.

I ended the day with 25 fish that weighed 8# at Cutchers. All in all a very nice day and had I kept some of those 7 1/2 inch fish a 30 fish limit would have probably weighed 9#.
    The moral of this story is, If I had not gotten big fish greedy today, I would of had 5 more butterfly perch fillets for this winters enjoyment. I broke one of my own rules and that is to take what the lake is willing to give up, within reason of course(no 4, 5 or 6 inch perch) at least not for me.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS