Fishing by Edison again Fishing by Edison again Fishing by Edison again Fishing by Edison again
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toledo/Maumee
    Posts
    8

    Default Fishing by Edison again

    We fished the dyke two days in a row, 2 man limit each day. There wasn't anyone around us at all. We used spreaders no bling, right off the bottom. Size was 7-12 inch perch. Sheephead seemed to be and issues for a while. We got most our limit in about an hour when we seemed to be over some kind of structure. Total time 4:30-8 (including trip back to dock)

  2. #2

    Default

    glad you got them

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Curtice, Ohio
    Posts
    175

    Default

    What depth were you fishing over there?
    -2014 Tahoe Q5SF named "Fish-N-Tails"
    Tight Lines!

  4. #4

    Default

    lots of boats there again we got limit off wards 20 ft of water lots of boats 60 fish for me and wife took son who just turned 16 to get another 30 but forgot he needed a license he sat and played on i phone next time 13 pounds at cleaners back at 12.30

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toledo/Maumee
    Posts
    8

    Default

    We were in about 5-10 feet of water. Nice to see you did well scot.

  6. #6

    Default

    labor day nice fish 3 man limit 22 pounds done by 11 am spreaders no bling big shiners cutting them up into 3s and 4s lots of doubles 2.77 miles out of wards 21 degree heading boats in close when we left dock at 7.30 there was boats right off the pier seen buddies in close 12 ft of water they got limit lots of boats really close to shore been going to same spot last 5 trips limits every time. hands hurt from taking perch off for me and my son and wife on sunday and monday they will heal fast was at dicks bait shop this morning he had delivery of emerald shiners also has goldies

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    hands hurt from taking perch off for me and my son and wife on sunday and monday they will heal fast was at dicks bait shop this morning he had delivery of emerald shiners also has goldies
    Take 1/2 cup of regular laundry bleach and about one gallon of hot tap water and mix, (I do this in the kitchen sink) wash and then soak hands in this mixture for just a few minutes and rinse with plain water until the slime/slippery feeling is gone. Do this in a slow relaxed way so you do not splash the mixture into your eyes or on your clothes. It draws out all of the hurt and sanitizes the cuts and punctures (kills the bacteria) caused by the fins and gill plates while removing and then counting those perch. It is amazing how well this works in relieving the soreness!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Take 1/2 cup of regular laundry bleach and about one gallon of hot tap water and mix, (I do this in the kitchen sink) wash and then soak hands in this mixture for just a few minutes and rinse with plain water until the slime/slippery feeling is gone. Do this in a slow relaxed way so you do not splash the mixture into your eyes or on your clothes. It draws out all of the hurt and sanitizes the cuts and punctures (kills the bacteria) caused by the fins and gill plates while removing and then counting those perch. It is amazing how well this works in relieving the soreness!
    I'm definitely trying this next time. Thanks for the advice!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman86 View Post
    I'm definitely trying this next time. Thanks for the advice!
    Be forewarned that when you first put your hands in the mixture that every little nick, scrape, cut and puncture will burn some then it goes away. Washing your hands in and working in the mixture gets that mixture in most of the nicks, scrapes, punctures and cuts. Some of the bigger or the most sore may take a few hours to stop being sore. The sooner you get this done after fishing or fish cleaning the faster and better it works.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Be forewarned that when you first put your hands in the mixture that every little nick, scrape, cut and puncture will burn some then it goes away. Washing your hands in and working in the mixture gets that mixture in most of the nicks, scrapes, punctures and cuts. Some of the bigger or the most sore may take a few hours to stop being sore. The sooner you get this done after fishing or fish cleaning the faster and better it works.
    Thanks for the info. Does it help with the fishy smell?


Similar Threads

  1. Sat in front of edison plant
    By trollingfool in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 07:14 AM
  2. perch by edison
    By rscotfish in forum Western Lake Erie Fishing REPORTS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •