So until I found a great condo to rent on the mainland, I was planning on staying on my boat at maybe Middle Bass marina or something. I sent a question to DNR on how I could stay for 3 days on my boat and transport my limits back to the mainland.

Here was my question...

I am going up for three days to fish lake Erie. We are planning on staying on the boat in marina on middle bass. I am of the understanding that I am not allowed to have filets aboard the boat. How can I transport my 3 days catch from middle bass to the mainland without being in violation. If I ice them I would “hopefully…lol” have over 30 perch for 3 days fishing. Are there any exceptions for a boat that can be stayed on?

Response....

He can only possess 30 perch while on lake Erie. Not 30 per day. They may be filleted but he can only have 30 perch when on the water no matter how many days he stays (camps) on the water ( he is not on a commercial ferry boat in lake Erie )

Just thought I would share.
I believe you can have more than a days limit if you ride the ferry back from campground.