Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15 Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15 Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15 Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15

Default Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15

My crew met me at my house at 5:30(ish) this morning, and we loaded up and headed over to Huron to launch. We were out of the channel at 6:45 and headed over to the Sawmill area, where I was fishing two days ago, while playing first mate aboard the 'Pirate Clipper'. There were really good marks there the other day, but not nearly as many today.

I had a Grandfather, Son in Law, and Grandson on board today, and they were having a good time just being on the water.

It was a tough bite, and with last nights very bright moon, along with the clear skies, made it tough, because I think the fish were feeding last night and were not really interested in the Bandit offerings this morning. We picked up one fish, and lost another, when I talked to Mike Johnson, aboard the 'ReelSport', who told me that he had taken a couple on crawlers. So, I took two Bandits off and replaced them with a couple of Larry Lambert's double willow leaf crawler harnesses.

We were running the Bandits at 1.7- 1.9, so the double willows would allow me to maintain that speed. It worked too, because we managed to pick up three of the 6 fish caught on the crawlers. So, thank you Mike for sharing that info out there today!

We started out in the 22-23 foot of water first, because that's where the fish were a couple days ago. Then, we moved out around the hump to the deep sides of it and went back and forth across the top of it in 26-29' of water. The fish were all caught in the 27-28 foot.

We ran the bandits and harnesses behind 2oz Guppie in line weights at 50-60 back.

My crew worked hard for those 6 fish, and did a great job working the Off Shore boards with all my change ups trying to get something to work, so they were pretty tired by the time we were done with their 6 hours. They had a good time, even though we didn't slay the fish, and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled, because it was only a 4 hour trip and since the bite is so tough, I told them we probably wouldn't be bringing much home, and that we should wait for a better bite. He appreciated my honesty and agreed that we should wait. They live locally, so it makes it easier to just call them a day or two before...when I know it's picking up, and let them know it's time to hit the water.

I will be out tomorrow though, because if I can't fish off my boat, I'll fish off another, so I'll be working aboard the Pirate again.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15-david-geise-brennan-8-4-15-jpg Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15-justin-brennan-david-8-4-15-jpg Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15-david-brennan-justin-8-4-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks Juls. I'm trying to learn all the "land mark" names east of Huron. Can you explain where the Sawmill is? I know where the "Castle" is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    My crew met me at my house at 5:30(ish) this morning, and we loaded up and headed over to Huron to launch. We were out of the channel at 6:45 and headed over to the Sawmill area, where I was fishing two days ago, while playing first mate aboard the 'Pirate Clipper'. There were really good marks there the other day, but not nearly as many today.

I had a Grandfather, Son in Law, and Grandson on board today, and they were having a good time just being on the water.

It was a tough bite, and with last nights very bright moon, along with the clear skies, made it tough, because I think the fish were feeding last night and were not really interested in the Bandit offerings this morning. We picked up one fish, and lost another, when I talked to Mike Johnson, aboard the 'ReelSport', who told me that he had taken a couple on crawlers. So, I took two Bandits off and replaced them with a couple of Larry Lambert's double willow leaf crawler harnesses.

We were running the Bandits at 1.7- 1.9, so the double willows would allow me to maintain that speed. It worked too, because we managed to pick up three of the 6 fish caught on the crawlers. So, thank you Mike for sharing that info out there today!

We started out in the 22-23 foot of water first, because that's where the fish were a couple days ago. Then, we moved out around the hump to the deep sides of it and went back and forth across the top of it in 26-29' of water. The fish were all caught in the 27-28 foot.

We ran the bandits and harnesses behind 2oz Guppie in line weights at 50-60 back.

My crew worked hard for those 6 fish, and did a great job working the Off Shore boards with all my change ups trying to get something to work, so they were pretty tired by the time we were done with their 6 hours. They had a good time, even though we didn't slay the fish, and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled, because it was only a 4 hour trip and since the bite is so tough, I told them we probably wouldn't be bringing much home, and that we should wait for a better bite. He appreciated my honesty and agreed that we should wait. They live locally, so it makes it easier to just call them a day or two before...when I know it's picking up, and let them know it's time to hit the water.

I will be out tomorrow though, because if I can't fish off my boat, I'll fish off another, so I'll be working aboard the Pirate again.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Hey Juls - How bout giving me a call too when there is a good bite again! We share same last name so that ought to be worth something! Ha!

Just kidding, thanks for the honest report.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 Z's View Post
    Thanks Juls. I'm trying to learn all the "land mark" names east of Huron. Can you explain where the Sawmill is? I know where the "Castle" is.

Thanks
    Just look for the windmill west of the Huron River channel. Sawmill is a resort that is made up of brown buildings...there are usually boats in the area, so you can't miss it.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

You can see where Sawmill Resort is relative to Cedar Point and Huron.

Fishing with David, Justin, and Brennan 8/4/15-sawmill-jpg