7/24 walleye and perch 7/24 walleye and perch 7/24 walleye and perch 7/24 walleye and perch

Default 7/24 walleye and perch

Finally made it back to the lake after a several weeks of not fishing. Started S. W. of Middle Island along the border at 9:30 trolling for eyes and not expecting much. Caught 8 keepers in 4 hours running 4 rods 55 back on TT 40's pulling stinger spoons. Went West of Rattlesnake and caught 50 perch in 3 hours and called it a day.
    The perch were still biting when we left, in fact it was better than when we first started but I had a passenger who needed to get home so we cut it short.

We worked the edge of the algae for the eyes thinking the sun and shade line might make them come out of hiding for a bite to eat. Perch were on 1 hook very subtle lift and set the hook if we felt any tick on the line and some were just pressure on the line with no felt strike.

It was a beautiful day on the water and I think I have my wife talked into heading back up with me tomorrow to do it again!

Sorry I have the wrong date.....we were out on the Thursday!
    Last edited by Eyezcrazy; 07-24-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Wrong date on report

Thanks for the report

Well we never made it back up after all.....sounds like most did pretty well on the perch this weekend. I'll try again for next weekend.

Tried walleye Sun after Sat night report they were "jumpin in boat Sat" When I got the report Sat I replied "well then they will be tired and sleeping Sun". Sure was right. We got two keeper eyes plus some shorts. Planned to troll but the 6 mph 1 footers turned out to be 15-20 mph 2-4 footers most of morning. (was shoving enough water into turtle that some guys got out and then were on radio worrying if they could get under bridge to get back in. Walkways to floating docks at ramp were under water) Too wicked to control my boat trolling in that wind so we cast and drifted. Several trollers at docks who did good on Sat had only 2 or 3 Sun. Still, did see some limits for guys that found some pockets. From radio traffic, fish seemed to be anywhere, and no-where if that makes sense. 19-20 FOW is where we picked up ours.