Fishing Lunatic, but almost cured after the last 4 days. Fishing Lunatic, but almost cured after the last 4 days. Fishing Lunatic, but almost cured after the last 4 days. Fishing Lunatic, but almost cured after the last 4 days.

Unhappy Fishing Lunatic, but almost cured after the last 4 days.

Some readers wanted to hear about fishing reports that were not limits. Misery loves company?

Saturday 7/18/15, 2 of us trolled S and SW of Middle island. The high marks that produced fish the last two weekend on spoons just were not biting Saturday. Finally netted 2 Walleye and 1 throw back 50 to 70 back on 40 jets with double blade harnesses.

Sunday 7/19/15 myself and another friend found some shiners at Rickards and tried the perch in the pack NW of Ballast. Good marks. very few bites and 50/50 mix of white perch. Size was not good either. Headed N of N Bass as this was also on Rickards board. Found some marks, but fish were not hundgry. Caught a couple 9" perch there and then decided to make a drift in the 10 to 15 MPH S winds. Couple other boats were drifting there including at least one charter. Caught 1 on a bottom bouncer and one on the swing near the small red can on the first drift. Fish were about 20 to 25' down. Second drift we didn't get a bite. Skies were looking a little iffy, so we came in.

I went out yesterday afternoon with frozen minnow I had and the drifting gear to the N side of N Bass. by myself and with lots of time, I was young and determined to figure this out. Tried everything from short to long casts different colored blades, dragging the bottom, start and stop, quick and slow retrieves, you name it. Winds 10 to 15 MPH WSW. Drifted right along the line from the Fire bell to the little red can. Caught one 15 1/4" Walleye.

I went via Rattle snake to N bass to see what fisherman were over there. Just a couple boats and Algae was terrible. Almost to the "green wake stage" of a few years ago. There was Algae N of N bass also, but not as bad. I think the fish are not biting because of the algae. The algae was bad East of Middle Bass on the way home as well.

I had a great month of May fishing and I still think there are a lot of Walleye out there. They are just not interested.

With the sunny days ahead and the Algae coming on quick, I think the fishing in the western basin will be over within the next two weeks.

Note: there is little to no algae in the dirty water. Algae must not like dirty water either. Maybe the fish would prefer dirt to Algae, but are likely headed East.

A fishing lunatic is kind of like a pyromaniac. I know you know, because most of you are fishing lunatics as well.

Hope you are not right about the fishing being over as we got screwed out of June already. You are right...algae is at least going to get worse before it gets better.

I share your pain and experience though. Monday trolled several hours all around of West Sister and with four harnesses out, in 3-4 hours of trolling, never even got a tail bit off any of the worms!