Wards Canal Perch and Walleye Wards Canal Perch and Walleye Wards Canal Perch and Walleye Wards Canal Perch and Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Wards Canal Perch and Walleye

2 miles out of wards canal in 20' of water, I caught these 30 - 8"+ perch from 10:30 to 2:00. After perch fishing, I moved 1 mile west in to the wind to set up the 1st of 2 runs on a path towards A can. I ran a tail dancer for about 30 mins with no bites on it, then switched so that I had a J7 on each side anywhere from 35 to 50 back on a true trip 40. From 2:30 to 5:40 I caught 12 walleye, 8 shorts and 4 keepers. Speed was 1.7 up to 2.2
    Attached Images Attached Images Wards Canal Perch and Walleye-20150719_141934_resized-jpg Wards Canal Perch and Walleye-20150719_192152_resized-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

been getting perch there for 2 weeks in 19 -20 ft of water caught a few eyes on spreaders good catch

Post Thanks / Like

im planning on Thursday 'friday, Saturday sunday what color j7s and where are the shinners I fish out of wards canal

Post Thanks / Like

You guys been goin straight out? West? East? Fished off Marblehead lighthouse yesterday with little success

Post Thanks / Like

nice catch star. glad someone is catchin some fish. hey(no offense intended)- is it just me, or do those walleyes in your pic, and also capt. juls last post, look a little thin? could be I just forgot what a walleye looks like! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    im planning on Thursday 'friday, Saturday sunday what color j7s and where are the shinners I fish out of wards canal
    I used the bronze colored one the whole time. When i took off the tail dancers I put out the perch colored J7, then I eventually switched that to another bronze looking one with the trout pattern on top.

Minnows - i got behind wild wings at the new bait store "St Clair Mobile Bait". A pretty good count in the scoop I may add. I know AnJ's also had minnows.

Pappy- 2 of those walleye were skinny. 15.5 and 16 inches.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished a half mile south of the Outer Light tonight. Caught 75 in about 4 hours. Nothing really big, but they'll taste good!! Hoping to get out again later this week and try some of our favorite buoys along the shipping channel.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried fishing in front of wards in 19 and 20 fow. I could get my anchor to hook in, to much gravel.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I fish there it's a chore to get the mud the anchor. Maybe I never found the gravel. What.kind of anchor you using does it have chain attached to it.