Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15 Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15 Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15 Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15

Default Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15

While I waited on my original customer this morning to show at 5am, I received a text that said, "Check your email...I'm so sorry!!" It was my customer telling me that, due to unforeseen circumstances that arose late last night, he would not be able to go today. I was bummed, because it was going to be a great day, with a calm lake, and NO RAIN....and, he had a Canadian license! Oh well....stuff happens. I have enough to cleaning to keep me busy too.

But, just on a chance....I put a post on facebook telling of my woes and later in the morning I got a phone call from John, who was scheduled for a trip on Monday, asking if he could do a 4 hour trip today and a 4 hour trip on Monday (instead of a 6 hour). I said, "Of course!" So, we met at the Wharf, so he could get a Canadian license for himself. Joe is only 12, so he didn't need one. We just wouldn't be able to keep his limit, which was okay...we only had 3 hours to get 12 fish.

We went to the "Wagon Wheel" area and went 10 for 12 on the walleye, with a bonus catfish, and a couple of sheephead.
    The best leads on the crawler harnesses behind #2 Tadpoles was 35, 37, 41, and 47 at 1.5 mph. The harness behind a 4oz bottom bouncer took 3 eyes too. Purple Crush by Warrior Custom, and plain gold hammered (cupped) #6 blades were the ones working for us.

The guys had a good time, and it was an enjoyable day on the water. I'm looking forward to fishing with young Joe, his Mom, and his brother on Monday. John has to stay home to go to work. I'm guessing she will have a Canadian license too, but I'll have to confirm that before heading up there. I saw a lot of boats right on the line, on the US side, on the west side of middle, so I'm guessing there are fish right there too.

I'm headed back up to the wheel with another crew tomorrow for a 6 hour trip....

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15-joe-7-10-15-jpg Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15-joe-paul-boreako-7-10-15-jpg Fishing with John and Joe 7/10/15-joe-paul-boreako_2-7-10-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters