Tie Line Tie Line Tie Line Tie Line

Thread: Tie Line

Default Tie Line

Just wondering what kind and # of line everyone uses to tie harnesses, weapons and leads? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

20 pound vanish line dicks sporting good has it. it can be hard to find supposed to be invisible in water. but any fluorocarbon will work

Quote Originally Posted by EPJUNE View Post
    Just wondering what kind and # of line everyone uses to tie harnesses, weapons and leads? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm sure you will get lots of answers. But I tie my own weapons and harnesses with 17 or 20# Flourocarbon.

I use fireline with 6# diameter ( not sure of listed diameter) for casting the weapons. Hope this helps

30 pound coated cable. The big fish may ruin them if they get kinked, but for the most part they last a lot longer than any mono or fluorocarbon I've ever used since the white bass seem to ruin those about every other fish. I usually wear out hooks faster than I wear out the wire.

I use #17 XT, I still have to remake some of them after a full day of fishing, but the mono doesn't break any more from bead wear or tooth wear.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Thanks for all the info. The ones using FC - are you using fishing line or leader material? I am not sure what the difference is but the guy at Cabela's said we needed to use the leader material. The leader material is more expensive than the fishing line and only comes is 25 yards.

Many people use the leader line because it is stiffer and tangles are less. I have used both leader line and regular florocarbon with good results. I use 20# P line for both weapons and leaders. If you choose the leader material and tie harnesses you're going to go through that spool real quickly but the choice is yours.

seagar 20# floro regular line change it every 2 years. no problems since i started using it xxx years ago