7/8 Perch 7/8 Perch 7/8 Perch 7/8 Perch

Thread: 7/8 Perch

Default 7/8 Perch

First time poster here! I'm out of Catawba Landing and 4 of us got 100 yellows yesterday between Rattlesnake and Middlebass in 32 FOW. Size was average with a lot in the 7-8 inch range and the rest 9-10's 25lbs at the cleaners. Got 4 nice catfish and the occasional 8lb. Sheep which was fun on my 4lb test. It wasn't up and down but a nice pick until the wind died around noon. Once it picked up again in the afternoon the bite returned. A ton of grass out there also.
    Attached Images Attached Images 7/8 Perch-image-jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by Moeannie View Post
    First time poster here! I'm out of Catawba Landing and 4 of us got 100 yellows yesterday between Rattlesnake and Middlebass in 32 FOW. Size was average with a lot in the 7-8 inch range and the rest 9-10's 25lbs at the cleaners. Got 4 nice catfish and the occasional 8lb. Sheep which was fun on my 4lb test. It wasn't up and down but a nice pick until the wind died around noon. Once it picked up again in the afternoon the bite returned. A ton of grass out there also.
    How long did it take? What time did you drop lines in? Took me about 4 hours for 3 tickets 21lbs at cleaners

I didn't look at my phone when we sat down but leaving the dock at 9:30 and getting gas it was probably 10:00-10:15 when we drove through a small pack (5 boats and one headboat) to the south and east of Rattlesnake the marks just didn't say perch so I tried to find a hump I've seen north of there before. Didn't get to that hump but found a nice mark a couple hundred yards north of the ferry route from south bass to rattlesnake. We pulled the anchor a little after 4 so it was probable 5 1/2 to 6 hours total.