3 of 23,  Even the Indians hit better than that.  West Sister Area on 6-22 3 of 23,  Even the Indians hit better than that.  West Sister Area on 6-22 3 of 23,  Even the Indians hit better than that.  West Sister Area on 6-22 3 of 23,  Even the Indians hit better than that.  West Sister Area on 6-22

Default 3 of 23, Even the Indians hit better than that. West Sister Area on 6-22

Fished in 22' to 26' of water south of West Sister. 2 guys caught 23 walleye today.

First 15 casting mayfly rigs from 7:45 to 10:30. 2 -18'"Keepers. 5 were 14.5" to 15" and 8 were 7" or shorter.

We then set up to troll, using spoons and J'7's, thinking we might be able to get zeroed in on some larger fish. From 10:45 to 1:00 we caught 8 more walleyes. 1 -18" keeper, 3 more between 14.5" and 15", 4 more 7" or shorter.

Lots of other fish were caught to make for a busy day on the water. Lot of fun.

Great comparison! Remember how the bite was after the 03 hatch-time heals all wounds. Similar results western basin. Where's the perch bite?

Little ones coming on is great!... wish that hatch had been a couple years earlier... Western reports sure are thin both on here and other site...is it the mayfly hatch, the weather, or scarcity of keeper fish?

Blog Entries

We also fished south of island on Sunday. Staying more west than east but still south of island we marked more fish. Trolled spoons 60-70 back on 30 jets at 2.0. monkey puke was best. 8 am to 3 pm caught 5 keepers. Did throw one 15 1/2 back as the 5 we kept were 16 -18'. Caught lots of white bass and also caught five or six 7-8 " walleye. We hadn't been down in three weeks and wow what a change for the worse. I promised a friend I would take him tomorrow ( Wed. ) but not sure I want to after Sunday. I checked NW of West Sister as I read on this site of lots of fish being caught there. No boats in the area and marked very few fish. What Happened to that? Any help on where to find fish launching from fenwicks would greatly be appreciated. Good Fishing.

I was out last Tuesday evening around 6:30pm and was about 1mi. NW of west sister. The lake was completely flat and I was not marking very many fish so I just kept running lines out farther and farther. Once I hit 140 to 150 back it was on. Still not many marks but I got busy.. I was running gold and purple crawler harnesses on 2oz bottom bouncer 140'-150' back at 1.8-2.0 mph. I caught 13 keepers in about 2 hours and they were all 18"-26". I got my six and released the rest. It was way fun. First time I have ever went on the lake alone.
    The sun was bright all day and the lake was flat so I guess they were hugging the bottom..
    Last edited by Mxclutch; 06-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toms1arrow View Post
    We also fished south of island on Sunday. Staying more west than east but still south of island we marked more fish. Trolled spoons 60-70 back on 30 jets at 2.0. monkey puke was best. 8 am to 3 pm caught 5 keepers. Did throw one 15 1/2 back as the 5 we kept were 16 -18'. Caught lots of white bass and also caught five or six 7-8 " walleye. We hadn't been down in three weeks and wow what a change for the worse. I promised a friend I would take him tomorrow ( Wed. ) but not sure I want to after Sunday. I checked NW of West Sister as I read on this site of lots of fish being caught there. No boats in the area and marked very few fish. What Happened to that? Any help on where to find fish launching from fenwicks would greatly be appreciated. Good Fishing.
    Your results were EXACTLY the same as mine and Sunday was the first time I had been up in 3 weeks too.