Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15 Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15 Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15 Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15

Saturday night, I was invited out to dinner. I met Bob, Jared, and Anna at Ciao Bella for some great food. Bob is not only a friend, but also my marine insurance man. He owns World Wide Marine Insurance. If you own a boat, he's the only guy you want to talk to!
    Anyway....We decided that since I had Monday off, we could go later than my normal start time of 6am. Jared and Anna liked that idea very much, since neither wanted to get up early.

I got up, made their brownies, and cleaned the house a little. I sent Bob a text at 7:30 asking if I had time to walk the dogs. He called back and said he had just woke up, so to go ahead and walk them. We were going to meet at "Ala Carte" for breakfast, and he would call me when they were on their way. By 9am I was telling them to hurry up...I was hungry, and wanted to get on the water! lol

We stopped at the "Fisherman's Wharf" after breakfast to pick up fishing licenses for Jared and Anna. But, that took another 45 minutes, because Tim was having problems with his laptop there. Luckily, Jared is a computer wiz and had him up and running again in no time. However, the process was very slow, so it took a lot of time.

We finally hit the water at 11:30 and headed up to Canadian water. Starting out on the west side of Mill Point, we set up in 21 foot of water and were headed towards the 25-27 foot of water on the south side of the point. We were trolling crawler harnesses behind the #2 Tadpoles at 23,35, and 40 back, but we were hitting bottom on the way out, so we switched them out for the 1 oz inlines at 29-41 back.

I wasn't marking a lot inside there, but as we started to get to the side of the point we picked up two nice walleye and a big fat catfish.

I had a friend fishing up there, but I wasn't sure where he was. I thought he was over on "The Wheel", and the last text I had from him was that he had just set up and had 3 fish already. Well, my phone doesn't work up there on Mill Point, so we made the decision to go over to the west side of Pelee Island and see if there were better marks and faster fishing over there.

Once we got over there, my phone worked and a whole bunch of texts came through at the same time. It was then, I found out that my friend was over on the east side of Pelee, and fishing just east of where we started! Arrrrgh....lol

We had set up a trolling pass on the west side, but we were surrounded by Mayfly husks, and they were gunking up our lines. We caught a couple sheephead and one walleye, and then made the decision to move back over to the east side.

Bob is buying my boat in the fall, and this gave him a chance to drive his new Ranger, and get a feel for the 300 ETEC on back. The Onix was a little confusing for him, but that was because his sunglasses were so dark (rx kind that turn dark on their own), and he had trouble seeing the screen. A problem that would be solved with his other sunglasses, he said.

We made it back to the other side, and set up on my friend's numbers that were texted to me. Then, the wind kicked up... White caps were forming, and I thought it was a wind that would be sustained and make the waves build, so I said, "We should go back down to the line, where I have been fishing this past week. There's fish there, and if this lake builds, it won't be as far to go to get home". Bob agreed, so we picked up and moved to the east side of Middle and NNE of Kelly Island Shoal...right on the line.

It wasn't long after we started that the bottom bouncer got hit. That one was a sheephead. I looked up to see one of the starboard side boards go back. Anna reeled in a walleye. I looked up again and the port side board was going back. Jared grabbed that one and reeled in another nice walleye. The other starboard side board was hanging back, so Anna was busy reeling in another walleye when the other port side board was hanging back, and I told Jared to get that other fish. We got all four walleye in, and got the lines out again as fast as we could. We only caught one more walleye and a couple sheephead in the time they had left. They wanted to stop fishing at 4pm, because they needed to get back to Michigan, and we still had to get their fish cleaned before they headed home.

It was a beautiful day on the water, and a lot of fun! It's always nice spending time with friends...

I'm off on Monday and fishing with Capt Kevin Swartz just for fun. I haven't reeled in a walleye since April, so it's my turn. lol

Looks like tomorrow will be a blow day, but we'll make that call in the morning, so....

Stay tuned!

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15-anna-knol-6-21-15-jpg Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15-jared-anna-bob-6-21-15-jpg Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15-anna-jared-6-21-15-jpg Fishing with Bob, Jared, and Anna 6/21/15-jared-anna-6-21-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters