Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15 Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15 Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15 Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15

Default Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15

Launched out of Mazurik's with two of my favorite Facebook friends, David and Cindy Michael, and their son, Dash. Winds were out of the east at about 15 at 6am and would be laying down as the morning progressed. Waves were 1-3 feet.

Poor Dash and Cindy...they were feeling ill by the time we got out to the north side of Gull Island Shoal, but hung in there while David and I set up to make our first pass along the line on the west side of Middle. We made one pass up there and caught three small walleye (no junk).

I decided to move down to Kelly's north side to help their seasickness, figuring if they were closer to land that they might overcome it, but it didn't work. We were marking a lot of fish, and another batch of mayflies coming up out of the mud. We caught 4 more walleye and one catfish in that NE to SW troll in 37-31 foot of water pass. Our speed was 1.4mph again. Same numbers on the Tadpoles worked again. 27, 35, 40, and 43 back.

We cut their trip down to 4 hours instead of the scheduled 6 hours, because it was obvious both Cindy and Dash were not having fun. David wanted to fish though, but being the good husband and father, agreed to go in.

So, that's it in a nutshell for today...it was fun (for those of us who were not seasick), and it was great to finally meet them in person.

Tomorrow's adventure is a 6 hour trip with three fellas from Illinois. The weather should be pretty decent, and I haven't quite decided where I want to start yet....so....

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with David, Cindy, and Dash 6/17/15-cinday-dash-david-michael-6-17-15-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

You should change your website. You should say " I very much recommend taking some medicine if you aren't sure". I would assume sea sickness is like a fear of heights. Something that is completely out of your control. Ill bet its almost impossible to enjoy the trip if you feel that bad. Too bad for them. Hope they don't lose their interest in the quest for a full cooler of walleye!
    Were your fish ready to explode from the mayfly feast? Point Place is gettin hit pretty good as always. Remember to keep all the outdoor lights off on your house for a couple weeks.

Good luck to all and see you in a couple weeks, Juls!!
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Default on those hot blades

I ordered some of those purple crushers you have been utilizing, the walleyes absolutely love them on my side as well, thanks for the heads up!I think they are about as close to a mayfly as they come.

Enjoy your insights!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    You should change your website. You should say " I very much recommend taking some medicine if you aren't sure". I would assume sea sickness is like a fear of heights. Something that is completely out of your control. Ill bet its almost impossible to enjoy the trip if you feel that bad. Too bad for them. Hope they don't lose their interest in the quest for a full cooler of walleye!
    Were your fish ready to explode from the mayfly feast? Point Place is gettin hit pretty good as always. Remember to keep all the outdoor lights off on your house for a couple weeks.

Good luck to all and see you in a couple weeks, Juls!!

They did take Dramamine....and wore the wrist pressure point thingies.... I have Ginger Chews on the boat too. They knew they were prone to seasickness, but wanted to go anyway. They were miserable. Some people are just more prone to it than others.

I tell people to "dress for the weather too", but most don't bring proper rain gear....ever.

I'm not their Mama....just their Captain.

Mayflies are still rising out of the lake. The screen was loaded with them at 15' today...with fish filling their bellies in the middle of them.

I never leave my lights on here in the summer either. Next come the June Bugs....ugh.
    [email protected]

I think the june bugs are worse than mayflies. Them damn things drive me nuts.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    They did take Dramamine....and wore the wrist pressure point thingies.... I have Ginger Chews on the boat too. They knew they were prone to seasickness, but wanted to go anyway. They were miserable. Some people are just more prone to it than others.

I tell people to "dress for the weather too", but most don't bring proper rain gear....ever.

I'm not their Mama....just their Captain.

Mayflies are still rising out of the lake. The screen was loaded with them at 15' today...with fish filling their bellies in the middle of them.

I never leave my lights on here in the summer either. Next come the June Bugs....ugh.
    By ginger chews do you mean ginger snap cookies, or is there something else? On those June bugs you need to make pets of them. When I was a kid we didn't have much. Dad taught us to take a 10 foot piece of sewing thread and tie it to their leg. Then we would fly them around like model airplanes... (course we were transplanted hillbillies from Ky back then...)

Thanks for all your reports...always enjoy reading your travelog...

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    By ginger chews do you mean ginger snap cookies, or is there something else? On those June bugs you need to make pets of them. When I was a kid we didn't have much. Dad taught us to take a 10 foot piece of sewing thread and tie it to their leg. Then we would fly them around like model airplanes... (course we were transplanted hillbillies from Ky back then...)

Thanks for all your reports...always enjoy reading your travelog...
    These....I always get them from Amazon...they're not cheap. The orange ones are REALLY good...

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_dxmwnm2z2_e
    [email protected]

Take dramamine the night before, same effect but won't make you tired.